Monday, October 1, 2007

Path To Success


Carl was extremely depressed as he stepped out of Mr. Claire’s (his boss) office. His boss had spoiled his wonderful day by scolding him for some work. His depression gradually turned into anger. Some time later he wondered how much power lay in Mr. Claire’s hand and soon his anger melted down into envy.


Now Carl became so greedy and envious of his boss that he had a resentful and powerful urge in him to become the boss even if it was for only a day. His colleagues and friends laughed at him for his jealous desire. Some helpful friends also told him that being greedy like this would harm him in the future.


One day, Carl was asking God to fulfill his desire when the direction of the wind changed. As you know, when the wind changes a person’s wish comes true. This is exactly what happened with Carl. Oh yes! He replaced Mr. Claire for one whole day. Overwhelmed with joy he resumed his exiting day ahead.


This day was not as great as it should have been. The whole day Carl had to deal with millions of files on his desk and various meetings. At the end of the day he was so stressed out that he began to have health problems. I suppose this was because his body was not used to this high level of stress and pressure.


Seeing his pitiful condition his friends laughed mercilessly at him. Sure you would agree saying that Carl is being punished for his greediness. But I hope Carl’s reply will compel you to think again.


In an exhausted state Carl said that he was glad he could live this day in his life. It is rightly said that only he who has the desire to attain success can grow up to be a successful man in his life. Carl’s friends were satisfied with what they had and did not wish to grow up into successful men. Carl enjoyed the sense of authority and power that he had only for this short span of twenty-four hour. This made him to take an oath that he would work day and night to become the boss not only for one day but his whole life.


Of course! Carl had to pay a little price for this luxury but he does not regret it. Thus I conclude that only he who wishes to and thrives hard can climb the steps of achievement and success.

13 comments:

Jack Payne

I would certainly encourage you to pursue a writing career. The clarity of your writing style marks you as one with great promise in this profession.

Meghna

Dear Jack,
Thanks for those encouraging words. They have really boosted my morale. I would certainly like to pursue a career in writing. Hope you enjoyed this post!

Peter Pie

Dear Meghna,
Your imaginative expressions are always worth reading and that's why I return here again & again!

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous

Hi Meghan,
You've again come up with something interesting.

I agree with payne that you can surely think of pursing a career in writing.

Anonymous

Hi Meghna!
Thanks for all the comments!
Your story is interesting and i like the way the person regrets being the boss.
Is it true?
I really like it and have enjoyed reading your posts. Keep writing and happy blogging!
:) ;) :lol: :roll: :P :mrgreen:

Meghna

Dear Peter Pie and Catherine,
Thanks for visiting once again. I'm really glad that you like my writing and will try to improve!

Meghna

Dear Nadine,
Glad that you posted your comment and those kind words! I haven't heard of such a true story and so it has all emerged out of my imagination. Don't know if it's happened in any other part of the world though.
I'll certainly keep blogging and hope you do the same!

Anonymous

You write very well and indeed very clair and direct to your goal. Do keep in mind that not only he, but she as well can become the boss.

Momgen

Hi Meg... You surprise me even at young age you write pretty good. I really agree of the people commented you here to pursue your career in writing. I am not good really in writing. My hubby always write me a very long and poetic letter but i just reply it by maybe 2-4 sentences. It funny but i don't know, i don't have the talent that you have. so keep it up. May God bless you.

Meghna

Dear Manicastic,
Thanks for dropping by and taking out your valuable time to write this encouraging comment. I will certainly remember about my mistake that you have pointed out.
Thanks once again!

Meghna

Hi Genny,
I'm really encouraged and overjoyed at your generous words! Thanks for the comment and I will try tot improve furthermore.

Anonymous

you really are a good writer keep writing. and you really should write a book or books. people will love them

Meghna

Hi Shaido,
Thanks for the comment and suggestion. I think I'm too young to do that but I'll try it out as soon as possible!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008