Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Cow Sent To Jail!

It is common to hear people being taken into police custody because of their rash driving which causes many accidents. But have you ever heard of a cow being taken into custody by the officials? I suppose not, but hold your breath because this is exactly what happened in Cambodia.


A Cambodian cow was arrested by the police and was charged for causing traffic accidents. And also if the police officials are to be believed, at least six people have died in this accident. The cow was standing right in the middle of the road when a 66 year old motorcyclist crashed into him and died.


According to the reports the owner of the cow could also face a 6 month jail. This is because of the new traffic law which has been formed. It says that the owner would be held responsible for any accidents caused by his animal.


I pity the poor owner of this cow who has to suffer terribly due to his animal. I wonder what happened to the cow when the motorcyclist crashed into him and died. But don’t you people think that it is stupid and even unfair too to jail an animal if it naively causes some accidents? If a car rides right over the innocent body of a cat or dog why isn’t that driver jailed?


I hope at least some people can answer my question and wish that you are the first one. So go on, write a comment guys!

15 comments:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch

Great post and blog!!!

JJ :D

Peter Pie

Dear Meghna,
Very interesting article. I agree with you on the fact that people should be jailed if they run over animals and injure them. You are an animal lover too! You have pointed out a nice issue. But tell me why can't the cow too be jailed for the same crime? :)

Meghna

Thank you, jj loch for visiting my blog and your kind words. Keep reading!

Meghna

Dear peter pie,
Thanks. A cow has now been jailed in Cambodia, which may be a precedence set. May be within a couple of years you may see jails all over the world full of animals :)

Anonymous

Dear meghna,
Did the cow get a lawyer? Has it been released?
Ha...ha.
Great news.

Meghna

Hi catherine,
Good question! I checked up with Cambodian people and was informed that the cow could not afford a lawyer :)

Anonymous

Dear Meghna
i think its mean for people to run over animals and not go to jail for it, but I also don't think animals belong in jail either. great post though.:)

Meghna

Hello shaido,
Here I totally agree with you. Animals are to be cared and not jailed!

Anonymous

Your blog contains some fantastic work. I enjoyed 'The Cow Sent To Jail.' You are very talented and I can see you have a great future as a writer.
In most countries, this sort of question is decided by establishing if there is what is called in Latin, mens rea, meaning guilty mind. So if a road user causes an accident deliberately or by negligence, they are guilty of a crime. But neither the cow nor the owner can be accused of these, so if I was the judge I would rule that the owner must pay compensation to the family of the motorcyclist.
However, some might say the owner should be responsible for ensuring his cow does not stray on the highway, and therefore he has mens rea of negligence.
Does this answer your question?
Stay safe, and keep writing!

Meghna

Dear ess47,
I'm glad you answered all my queries! I certainly agrre with you.
thanks for the encouragement and help!

Anonymous

Hello Meg, I say you have a good sense of literary ability. You write so good for a young age! I really laughed at the 'Shut Up' joke! LOL...Keep on writing! :) I'd like to link you up to my blog at C5 Says. It's a wholesome blog, in fact the latest post I have is How To Apply First Aid When Asthma Attacks Especially When You Run Out Of Inhaler...from a firsthand experience. :)

Meghna

Hi C5,
Thanks for this visit! I'm glad you liked my blog and work. Thanks once again for your appreciation! I'm happy you read the jokes/quotes and laughed at them. Hope you left my blog with a smile!

I'll look into your blog sometimes soon and leave a comment! Must say, it sound interesting!

Anonymous

your right poor cute animals suffered their life and the driver doesnt get sent to jail or a ticket its a accident too

Meghna

Ther you are, Mr. Anonymous!

Anonymous

well, my answer to your question, is that, we have a sinful nature in us. not just you and me. but, everyone. god didn't put that sinful nature in us. Satan did. and because of sin, we miss the thoughts god is trying to put in are heads. love everyone... and everything. loves your friends, love your family, love your enemies, love animals. but most of all, love him. i used to ask the question, "will animals be in heaven?". and the answer varied. some said yes, some said no, and some... didn't know what heaven was. it was sad. but i dont think that cow should've gone to jail. lol. how could he/she know any better? people do crazy things sometimes:) thanx for that great post and blog. sometime people don't have enough courage to speak their minds... even about a cow:) lol. thanx for listening:)

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008