Sunday, October 7, 2007

Oh Lord, Bless Her Poor Soul !

Lying on the hard cold ground with no shelter overhead was the girl Christine. In the solemn night scene when the moon hung in the velvety sky, she was a poor sight to see.


Dressed in rags, the bony structure of Christine moved along the road with nothing but a few flowers to sell. She hoped to earn a penny or two for herself. Christine had not eaten even a single morsel of food the day before. But today she was filled with heart felt desire to eat something- even if it was a small cold piece of loaf.


She stood in front of the huge shop in the local street as she envied every richly dressed passer-by. She hoped that some wealthy person would come to her and relieve her of the radiant hues she was holding and also of the pain in her soul.


The shimmering hues of the sun dimmed and the whispering darkness arrived. There was no one on the street except Christine. She still stood with those truly beautiful flowers hoping that someone would buy them.


But now as the night time brought coldness making the atmosphere solemn and serene she quietly lay on the ground. She had been eternally relieved of the pain and burden of her soul, never to feel them again. The moon shined softly upon the petals that lay scattered around her making them sparkle as her bright and relieved face.


As she left this world forever with her last smile etching on her face the only thing I could say was, “Oh Lord, Bless her poor soul”.

15 comments:

Peter Pie

Hi Meghna,
I am really surprised!! You know that I've been following up your posts since long and can really find that you are improving day by day.

But this is exceptional. Your story declares that you have really matured as a writer. The topic you have chosen was not one of the kids' types, but you've justified it very well and written a marvellous story. Kudos to you writing and your blog!!

Anonymous

Dear little girl,
As peterpie said, I'm also amazed by the fast development and congrats on taking up a not-so-kid-like theme and that too with full enthusiasm adn justice. Your story was excellent. keep it up!

Anonymous

Very well done Meghna! You have an amazing vocabulary, especially for such a young girl. The story was a pleasure to read, and the imagery is simply brilliant.

Keep up the good work!

Love,
Gayathri.

Meghna

Dear Peter Pie, Catherine and Gayathri,

Thanks for these valuable comment. I believe that it's only due to all your constant support and help that I'm improving day by day. Today I decided to touch onto different aspects of life and this story plopped out of my head.

Thanks for saying that you liked it and I'll try and improve day by day. But this is only possible with your cooperation. So do return again to read my future posts.

Unknown

i have no words....
seriously..
you knw...you can become a writer....
why not?
you...........huh....what to say?
GREAT....
this is my fav story till now..
:)

Meghna

Hi Parnika,
I too would love to become a writer. I'm glad that you liked the story!

Keep visiting....

Anonymous

Dear Meghna,
How do you frame such a beautiful story with brief selected words and there comes a wonderful theme!

MeghnaK

Dear tkg,
I'm not sure how I do it but it just comes out of my head! Thanks for these kind words!

Libdrone

off topic-- I LOVE your label cloud. can you tell me how you make it. I really want at tag cloud but nothing I've come across works well with my blog....

Unknown

Heya Meghna,
Read d story..i seriously & genuinely think that this is a touching story..& one of ur best piece so far{better than ants in pants atleast..;)}mi looking forward for more of such serious yet touching stuff from you..long long way 2 go gurl!
PS-keep me updated with ur such "serious:stuff!
Rock it dudette!

Meghna

Hi Aayushi,
I will sure try to write more of such stories andI will surely inform you when I write them again! Thanks for your wonderful comment!

Keep reading!

Anonymous

Um, all she did was post a synopsis of the Matchstick Girl...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Match_Girl

Meghna

@ Anonymous- I think I have read that story though I do not in any way find a similarity!

Anonymous

WOW! This article is really emotional and shows a darker side of poverty.This is really appreciating. Keep it up.

Meghna

@ Anony- Thanks a lot!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008