Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cleaning Is Horrible!



“Clean your room! Take a bath! Wash your hands!” shouted my mom. Actually this has become a routine on holidays so I didn’t care much. But today it was enough! I was more than irritated. I suppose this was the tenth time she was yelling at me when I was doing some important work. “Why do adults care so much about cleanliness after all?” I wondered aloud to myself.


My parent’s room, I agree, is absolutely spick and span at all times but me, oh yes! mine is horrible. But why does it matter so much to my mother? A child’s room is supposed to be dirty after all, isn’t it?


The next day I went to my friend’s house for a party and you should have seen her room. Oh it was worse than mine. Towels, books, magazines and other stuff was scattered all around and it was the same in her house too. Her mom shrieking at the top of her voice telling her to clean up!


But I soon learnt why it is important to have your room as neat as a new pin. My school was going for a picnic next day and I was very much eager as all others. But unfortunately my darned alarm went wrong just that day and I woke up late.


This wouldn’t have mattered much if my room would have been in a proper condition. I would have found the things needed pretty soon, but I was jumping around the whole room finding the games I had to take. One socks was here and the other one at the far end of my room. Surely, I missed my picnic bus that day and couldn’t visit that beautiful park my class was going to. I cried all day and this was a turning point in my life.


I understood the importance of cleanliness that precise moment and then took an oath to keep my room clean at all times. I won’t say that my room would be really neat if you were to visit it, but yes, I’m trying hard! Hope I succeed when I grow older. Wishing that all young guys out there would have learnt a lesson from this narration, I’m taking your leave.


So the next time your mom yells at you to clean your rooms don’t scorn at her behind her back but get to work immediately. What are you waiting for now? Go clean your rooms!



8 comments:

Anonymous

My policy is order in disorder :D Means you just stack your stuff on the right pile and the rest is not a problem.

Anonymous

Hey Meghna,

Most parents yell for a reason and whatever the reason is, the more important thing is that they care about you.

If they didn't, they would have kept their mouth shut. Something to think about, right?

Cheers
James

Meghna

Dear Manicastic,
Wow! great rule. Order is disorder in itself. Thanks for this informative comment.

Keep reading!

Meghna

Hi James,
Thanks for this great comment. I sure learn something new each day from the blogging world. Certainly our parents do care! I should have thought of that before grumbling at them, I suppose!

Thanks for dropping by and posting your comment!

Anonymous

Meghna, I always shout at my children about cleanliness, but they don't understand at all. i suppose I can show this post to them :D

awannabe

urr hummm..
It just looks like you need more space.

Anonymous

Hi Meghna! Great post! My bedroom isn't clean enough but I think I will clean it one day :D
Congrats!

Meghna

Hi Stephi,
Hope you do that soon and learn a lesson from this story!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008