Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Poor Rotating Kitty!


This morning when I woke up, I didn’t feel myself. And the reason was that ….that ….. I wasn’t myself! I had a coat of black fur with white spots on it. I had sharp claws and paws instead of the usual nails and legs. Oh yes! I had turned into a cat.


I took this as a boon and decided to explore the house today. Suddenly, I remembered how curious I had been yesterday when I’d seen my mother washing clothes in our new washing machine. Strange it is, or you might think it’s craziness but I’ve always wanted to know how the inside of a washing machine would be.


So today when I’d got the opportunity, I made full use of it. I quietly slipped into the washing machine and discovered this new place. It was cozy and warm but not wet. It felt really comfortable. But this was the most devastating thing! It was such a luxury that I didn’t realize I had fallen asleep inside the washing machine.


And cats, as you know, are really lazy. So I too, wasn’t awake before I heard some deafening machine sound. It took me only a few seconds to understand that the machine was on work. My mother was washing clothes in it!


But before I could do anything I helplessly started rotating in the machine. Round and round and round and round and round……… that’s only what I felt. Oh yes, How could I also forget that churning sensation inside my stomach. I screamed loudly for help ……but only if I could! I had no voice. So I helplessly lay there turning around when a scream echoed in my mind. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh…………………


Oh OK friends! I was just kidding. And if you’re wondering this story isn’t my imagination but a reality, which I turned into a story happening with myself. Yes, a ten week old kitten has experienced a spin in the washing machine. Poor Molly was only rescued when her owner, Bethany Hall, saw her through her machine door. Molly and her owner are residents of County Durham. And I‘m sure that all cat lovers would be glad to know that Molly did survive this helpless spin in the washing machine after all, and is currently consulting her veterinary doctor!

13 comments:

suchsimplepleasures

that is why i always check my washer and dryer before i use it. i have 4 cats...and i'm always so worried that, due to their mommy not closing the lids on the machines, one of them will be in the machine when i'm going to use it.

Meghna

Dear suchsimplepleasures,
That's really great of you to do so. It shows how caring you are about your pets! I'm sure your cat will never encounter such a problem if you continue doing so!

Thanks for the comment and keep reading!

Anonymous

Hi meghna,
A kitten in a washing machine?? I am surprised it survived. Glad news and good writing!

Anonymous

I thot I read once, somewhere, that a baby crawled into a washing machine and... maybe that's my imagination. LOL!

Meghna

Dear Catherine,
Yes, I do agree with you/ It's really strange that a cat got into a washing machine and even more weird that it survived!

Thanks for the kind words!

Meghna

Dear deb,
It's really nice of you to share your imagination or information with me! I'm glad to appreciate your sincere efforts!

Unknown
This comment has been removed by the author.
Champ

Meghna aapne to hame dara hi diya tha. Yes V are curious of any new thing we own. But I agree we must check anything before we use. But sometimes we r lazy.
hey thanks for your nice comments. Keep visiting.

Meghna

Hi Champ,
You are surely correct. it's curiosity in me which leads me to write these bizzare posts! Oh yes! All of us are lazy at times and this leads to accidents like these.

Glad you dropped by and posted your comment. I'll sure keep visiting!

E.G. and staff

Hi Meghna,

Thanks for the kitten story. Glad to know it is now O.K. I love animals. I have 2 small dogs.
Elizabeth G.
BookTestOnline

Meghna

Hi elizabeth,
Glad that you are an animal lover too and that you have two little sweet dogs. Hope they never encounter such an incident!

Peter Pie

Dear meghna,
That was a really entertaining article. I loved the way you made it up with your imagination. Good work!

Meghna

Dear Peter Pie,
Just an idea that came to me! Happy that you liked it!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008