Friday, October 26, 2007

My Eccentricities!!



Hi friends! Today I thought I’d tell you some interesting quirks about myself.

* I’m ashamed to tell you that till the age of seven I’d thought that the computer was the television. I soon learnt the reality as I grew older when I once switched on the computer and saw the unfamiliar desktop.

* I’m well known as a weather forecaster but no one except me knows the reality. Actually, when someone asks me about how the weather is going to be I look thoughtfully at the horizon and then tell them it’s going to be fine. Only I know that I’d heard about it in the morning radio. He…...he.

* I’ve unluckily tripped over the slightly raised area at the entrance of my house nearly fifty times and I’ve been living in this house since seven years now!

* I initially thought that brown chocolates were made of mud or sludge but changed my mind after eating them once. I’ve been a crazy chocolate lover since then!

* The worst incident of my life happened when I was nine. My friend and I were crossing the street when I saw a dark man with curly long hair near the ice-cream store. I pointed to that man and told my friend that from his looks I can judge he is the worst criminal of our country. My friend didn’t talk to me for a week after that because I soon came to know that he was her Uncle!



So guys, now that I’ve told you some funny quirks about myself I ask for two things in return. The first one is that I want you all to post an encouraging comment. I would be glad to hear some eccentricities about you too. And the second thing is that I sincerely request you not to tell these funny moments to anybody! Shhhh……………..

13 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Meghna!What a great post!And very funny,too.
I remembre when I was a child and I thought that school was going to be easy... I know now I was wrong... . Congrats!

Anonymous

Your article brought back to my mind a lot of similar funny beliefs I stood by when I was a little girl.

When I was in kindergarten, to keep me from making faces at others,my aunt told me, that if air struck our face while we were making faces,we'd be changed to live with that kind of face forever.

Scared by this, I would never make faces on anyone till I grew up to realise,that air brushed past our faces every single second.

What a way to keep kids from getting in bad habits :)

Keep up the fantastic work Meghna.

Cheers!!

Meghna

Hi Stephi,
Glad that to read your comment. I too had the same misconception going to school for the first time, but soon learnt that it is not so!

Thanks for your kind words.

Meghna

Hi Megha,
That's a wonderful trick for kindergarten students who at times are a real nuisance making faces even at their seniors.

I'll be sure to try it out at least once.

I'll certainly try to keep up me writing, hoping that you'll keep reading!

Meghna

Oh, that's funny, manic!

Anonymous

Dear meghna,
This was a very interesting article. You have written beautifully about your quirks. This reminds me of my childhood when I used to try to widen the gap of my front teeth using a toothpick or pin, because one of the beautiful actresses had a gap in her front teeth!
Good writing. Keep it up!

Anonymous

Good article. Thank you for sharing your quirks with us, whcih was fun to read.

Meghna

Dear Catherine,
Wow! That was a rally strange thing to do! Widen the gap between your teeth because some actresses had them.But yes, as kids we could do even wilder things!

Thanks for sharing this small happening with me.

Meghna

Hi tkg,
Glad you found this article entertaining! I'll write more of such posts next time!

E.G. and staff

Hi Meghna,
The picture of the man taping his foot is very funny. LOL! I liked your chocolate story. Do you know of anyone that does not like chocolate? They must be crazy or
maybe allergic. My favorite chocolate is Godiva. What about you? Do you have a favorite?
Elizabeth G.
BookTestOnline

Meghna

Hi Elizabeth,

I too thought that this one was strange but it's the reality! Some of my friends abhor chocolate and at times I abhor them for this! But this is very useful though, as they might give you their share! I don't think I can zero in upon a favorite chocolate as there are so many exciting flavors with great taste!

Keep in touch!

Peter Pie

Dear meghna,
I am still an eccentric, I suppose. Recently when I entered a mall, somebody greeted me with hello, how are you and I started talking to him eagerly, later to know that he was talking on his miniature mobile with somebody else. How embarrassing!!

Great post. Loved reading it.

Meghna

Hi Peter Pie,
Oh that's very funny! Hope you weren't too embarrassed!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008