Monday, October 22, 2007

My Mom's Punishment!


It was a lucky day for me. My mother had promised to take me to a movie. Wow! It was very rare she did that and after such great movies coming up, I was really glad. She assured me that she would come back early from her workplace and take me to the theater. All this sounded like music to my ears! Hurray!


I came home from school and soon got ready to leave home. I sat there eagerly waiting for a long time. As the clock struck past an hour I started loosing my patience. The time crawled away. An hour, two, three Ah it also came to four!


Now you all can imagine my fury! I was extremely, mind you EXTREMELY furious. My face was red with anger. “How could she forget her promise?” I asked my irate self. I would nearly have broken all the things lying near me, when suddenly my mom entered.


I yelled on the top of my lungs and reminded her of her promise. “Oh! I’m so sorry dear. I nearly forgot about that! You know, I was too busy but I’ll take you tomorrow if you wish” she said in an apologizing tone. I had now lost all the trust in her. I didn’t reply to her pleas but turned my back towards her with a sullen face.


Why do our parents scold us when we do minor mistakes? But when they do a major mistake like this we couldn’t even punish them! I decided I would punish her bitterly. And you bet that this was the worst decision that I ever took in my life!


I didn’t talk to her for the whole day. I didn’t even help her in the household chores nor did I even look after my younger brother for her! She asked me to help her out with the thousands of works but I turned a deaf ear towards her requests. At the end of the day when I was back home after playing in the park for the whole day I saw my Mom sitting in a really exhausted condition on the couch.


Looking at her state I really felt bad for her. I sat down next to her said sorry to her. She said, “Oh no dear! It’s my entire mistake after all. It was I who forgot my promise and I’m suffering for my mistake.” I was really touched by her generous speech.


All my anger melted down into sorrow. I dearly expressed regret over my foolish act to her and in return she took an oath to take me to the movie the next day! I was really glad that this terrible day ended well! I surely have a piece of advice for all those arrogant kids like me. Your mom may forget her promises at times as she has loads of works to complete. So remember her agony and never ever try to punish her as I did! Parents are really great!

13 comments:

JesieBlogJourney

How true that we do feel like that when we were younger. Our mom's love cannot be compared.

Stumbled!

Meghna

Hi jesieblogjourney,
I agree with you. Our mom's love is incomparable.
Thanks for visiting & commenting. Keep reading!

Peter Pie

Hello meghna,
People always have a tendency to quarrel with their close ones, because they love them a lot! And after sometime they realize their mistakes.
Well written.

Meghna

Dear peterpie,
You are right. But I fail to understand why people argue with their loved ones! I'm one of them, but learn lessons.
Thank you.

Anonymous

Dear meghna,
As I have been noticing, your writing has been improved. Though this story was not so exciting as you had been presenting other posts, I am sure the style of writing has been improved substantially. So, I am waiting for more better posts.

Meghna

Dear Catherine,
I'm extremely sorry I couldn't maintain your high hopes but I'll certainly try my best to do much much better next time.

Thanks for telling me about my writing style. It's really encouraging!

Ranjani

I like this story a lot; I think it's quite insightful, and I like it when you write about yourself and your own experiences.

Anonymous

This is a true story, right? Quite different from some of your imaginative yarns, but I like it. :)

Meghna

Dear ranjani and deb,
Glad that you liked this true story! I'll certainly try to write more of such true incidents.

Thanks for the idea and this wonderful comment!

Champ

Meghna ji your posting really fantastic. I can understand sometimes we the parents are so busy that we forget our promises, but the kids should also know that, as you did. Thanks for being so nice to your mom. Take care

E.G. and staff

Hi Meghna,
Great story! Thanks for writing true things about your life. The ending is a good one. Also, one of my favorite things is going to the movies. Talk to you soon,
Elizabeth G.
BookTestOnline

Meghna

Dear Champ,
Glad you liked this! Yes all this happens to children so I hope the others out there understand this too.

Meghna

Hi Elizabeth,
Thanks for your good words. I'll try to keep up your expectations next time too.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008