Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weird World!!


Hey! There are really strange things going on in this interesting world! I am here this time to tell you all about this strange new world.


A woman in Germany has started a business of making clothes for customers from her pet dog’s hair. Bettina Menkhoff, 50 from Stroetze in Germany makes scarves, gloves and other clothes from dog hair and then sells them on the internet.


The lady says that she got this idea after she bought a pair of socks made from Bobtail-wool. She herself has four Bearded collies and has started to yarn their hair. She says that this technique is only useful when the hair is more than 4 cm long….


If you are interested, you can visit her site Jolly-Fellows. As I cannot understand German, I am hoping that some of my German friends will translate it for me!


Strange, yet interesting! What do you think? Do tell anymore of such tales if you know about them!

10 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Meghna! Your post was really interesting ! I liked the two little dogs in the photo!Keep writing, I like your poems and stories! Bye!

Peter Pie

Meghna, but I have heard that in Siberia, people use dog hair for making such things. I'm not sure.
Good article.

Anonymous

Hi Meghna,
It was a good post. But I can't help you there as I know only English. Hope somebody else help you with the translation.

Meghna

Dear stephi & catherine,
Thank you for the encouraging words.
Keep visiting & reading.

Meghna

Dear peterpie,
Thank you for the information. I didn't know about dog hair is being used in Siberia. Sure to check out and update at the earliest.

Keep visiting & reading.

Moonshadow

Hi Meghna! I've added you to my friends also. Two things: 1. Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ and enter the address of the website that you'd like translated.

2. Years ago I was interested in spinning and weaving. I met a lady that used her Chow dog hair to make beautiful sweaters and things. There were lots of different animal hairs that she used, but the Chow really interested me because I owned one at the time. I never got around to doing my own spinning though.

Keep being curious about things, it's an amazing world.

Anonymous

Hi!
Interesting!
You always have interesting things!
I want to hear more!
Cute puppies!
Are they really hers?
Bye! :)

Meghna

Dear moonshadow,
I'll certainly try out this link. I didn't know there was such site that could translate the language.

Thanks for this informative comment. I really appreciate that you could write down about yourself. Does this lady continue doing so?

Thanks for adding me as your friend. Sorry for replying so late. this was because my exams were going on.

Meghna

Hi Nadine,
Thanks for droping by and writing your comment! glad to know that there is another kid who is as curious as me to know about this strange world. I'll certainly try to write more such bizarre posts.I don't really know if these puppies belong to her but I do agree that they are very cute!

Meghna

Dear moonshadow,
I'll certainly try out this link. I didn't know there was such site that could translate the language.

Thanks for this informative comment. I really appreciate that you could write down about yourself. Does this lady continue doing so?

Thanks for adding me as your friend. Sorry for replying so late. this was because my exams were going on.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008