Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Ghost All Around Her!

Annabel’s parents had bought an old palatial bungalow in a countryside and they had just shifted into it. Annabel had a huge dark room all to herself. This was the first time she was going to live all alone in her room. Until now she had always shared a room with her caring, elder brother, Mark. He loved his sister more than anything else in the world.

But now, Mark had found a reasonably good job in air force as a fighter pilot and was away on a flight. Annabel was a bit scared about the gloomy room, but when she remembered that it was the day when her brother was to return, she was chirpy and gay throughout the morning.

She noticed that there was something strange in the household. Her mom was not joyful and as jubilant she used to be. Her father was unusually gloomy and was sitting with a newspaper, but his thoughts seemed to be immersed elsewhere.

The whole day Annabel happily made plans to welcome her brother after his tiring journey. After an unusually quiet dinner, she went and lay down on the bed in her dark room. She tossed and turned in her bed thinking about her beloved brother.

In her excitement, she looked longingly towards the door. Out of the blue, she saw the thin outline of her brother Mark. His shining white face was slightly visible and he looked like an unreal image.

Annabel gave a huge cry of excitement and happiness. She put on her specks and turned back towards the door. She was a bit disappointed as she did not see her brother’s smiling face, but unexpectedly she saw an empty doorway.

A bit bewildered, Annabel ran down the flight of stairs where she banged into her mother. She excitedly told her mom about Mark’s return and questioned her as to where he was hiding as Mark indulged himself in a game of hide & seek with his little sister. Suddenly her mother broke into a volley of tears and sorrowfully told Annabel about her brother’s death. Mark had died a painful death as his plane crashed down on hillside.

Annabel could not believe her ears for a moment. She could not control her emotions and weeping she turned back. She was amazed to see the faded image of her brother once again, but only this time, with dark red horrifying eyes, a bloody smile and his dress bespattered with red blood drops!

Hope this story sent shivers down your spine! This was my first try at writing a ghost story and hope you all enjoyed it!!

11 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Meghna! I like your writings because they're expresive,imaginative and great!
I like yor poems, too. This story you've written is wonderful!

Bye!

http://takingitfurther.blogspot.com

Anonymous

Hi Meghna. It's me Naveen. You left 2 comments on my blog. Thanks!! You said you were from India, well guess what so am I. Actually my name is Naveen, and I am a 11 year old girl WHO WAS BORN IN NEW ZEALAND, and my PARENTS WERE BORN IN INDIA, NOT ME. So yeah, technically I am a Indian born in New Zealand. half indian and half kiwi. Pretty weird eh. I live in a town called Te Awamutu, and go to Te Awamutu Intermediate. When I found out you were an indian/from India, I was so surprised, and you are the first indian who has ever commented on my blog. I have a lot of questions to ask you, and I will ask you some of them now.
Do you live in India?
If you do, your english is so good!!!!!!!
Do you have an email address?
If you do please tell me what it is.
Oh, and if you do live in India, what part of India do you live in? what city/town/village?
Ok, I think that'll be enough questions for now. Please get back to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure we will be great friends!!!
Bye
Naveen
P.S
If you do have a "HOME" email address, please give it to me as soon as possible.
Bye

Meghna

Dear Nadine and Stephi,
Thanks for your valuable comments! They are really encouraging! Hope I can further entertain you with my stories! Keep reading........

Anonymous

Nice twist on the end. You write exceptionally well for a 12 year old.

E.G. and staff

Hi Meghna,

Great spooky story. Yes, it did bother me at the end. Reminds me
of several movies. Have you seen the movie called "The Others"? If not you need to rent it sometime soon. Let me know what you think.
Talk to you soon,
Elizabeth G.

Peter Pie

Oh, Meghna,
I didn't know you can write such types of stories too. Scaring.
Excellent!

Anonymous

Very impressive for a young girl like you.
Congratulations.

Jerry

That story scared me to death Meghna. You have a great blog. Keep up the good work.

Jerry

Meghna

Thank you peterpie, manictastic, elizabeth, catherine & jerry. I am glad that you enjoyed this little piece of work. In fact, as I was writing such story for the first time, I was not sure whether I can keep up with the expectations of readers. Thank you all.

Vivienne

Very nice work! Your descriptions are vivid and I could imagine the scenes in my mind quite easily. Vienne

Meghna

Dear Vienne,
Thanks for your morale boosting words. I'm really encouraged by all your kind words and will try to write more such stories!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008