Thursday, September 13, 2007

Those Crowded Malls .....

With the rapid development, there is no empty space anywhere in my city. Builders have erected huge shopping complexes and multiplexes in every nook & corner. This is what I dread the most!

As new malls started arising out of the blue in the city, certainly I was excited to visit the brand new one near my house. With a million dollars in my pocket (kidding, of course, actually with a hole in my pocket) I set off with much thrill and enthusiasm and quickly reached my destination.

Wow! such a huge building. Standing tall and majestic in the scorching heat of the sun, it did look grand. Certainly impressed, I entered the mall.

All around the place were…… of course….. people! Thousands or may be……. millions! At first I was dumbstruck thinking that the whole of the city’s population was present there. I was truly amazed.

Anyways, I had to continue, so I decided to enter the first shop. My wicked mind chuckled at the thought of how the shopkeeper would react when he found out that my pockets were as bare as his bald head!

I entered a kids clothes store. As expected, there were too many people there and I joined the huge crowd of adults and children. In the corner I could see a really plump boy looking into the mirror adjusting his tie & collar.

There was a shelf full of clothes on my right. But what a huge crowd! I thought as if we they were distributing these dresses free of cost! I soon entered the middle of the crowd. Oh, my lord, so uncomfortable I was. Sweat dripping down from my nose and my elbows sure were knocking down the people beside me. And it smelled horrible down there! (That is the reason I always use a good deodorant while going out! he..he).

With a lot of hard work of kicking & pulling, I finally reached near the salesman. Sure, a tedious job that was. I liked some of the dresses and decided to come back later carrying some money and do some proper shopping.

Then after exploring this place an hour later and doing window-shopping at some other stores, I said good bye to this mall and walked back home. I looked at my hand to check the time, but surprisingly there was no watch on it!! I was sure I had one when I left home. After putting my brain to work, I realized that it must have been stolen or lost in that huge crowd. That is the reason

I truly detest and abhor those heavily populated areas like the multiplexes & shopping malls.

Do you frequently visit crowded malls and have you ever gone through such unpleasant incidents?

3 comments:

Peter Pie

Hi, Meghna,
You are again here with a good piece of creative writing.
I have experienced such types of incidents in over-crowded malls over here; but not lost anything so far. Lucky!

Keep up he good work..

Anonymous

Very good. Keep it up.

Meghna

Dear peterpie & tkg,
Thank you very much. I hope to keep up with your expectations. Keep reading.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008