Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Day In The Year 2080


Have you ever wondered how a day in future would be? This time I have in store for you a day of the year 2080 emerging from my imagination!!


‘Bang-Bang’ goes the alarm system and the whole room is lit up. The computerized sleep alarm near the bed shows that my body has just had enough 8 hours of sleep.


As usual, I woke up wearily (my habits can’t be changed!) and soon put on my mp7 shirt enjoying the great rocking tune being played on it. I then stand on the escalator to go and brush my teeth when it suddenly comes to a screeching halt midway between the path to the bathroom and in the flash of a lightning I am seated upon a chair that automatically moves forward. My head is then held tight by some robotic machine and amazingly I was dressed and ready in the wink of an eye!


A bit uncomfortable of not washing my face myself I sit down to watch the television as there is an hour left for the school to start. After watching the television for sometime I fold the T.V and push it into my pocket. I then climbed into the private jet in my room. With the click of a red button the ceiling opens and I am zooming past in the sky to my school.


The gate of my school building automatically opens after it scans my face and voice. Wow! This school is completely different. There was a separate classroom for each student. It was almost like a personalized teaching center.


With just the click of a button you could change the colors and ambience of your room. After putting a beautiful Literature based wall with lots of proverbs and quotations and of course some pictures of Shakespeare and other famous authors, I settled down comfortably.


I took out the television from my pocket and after watching a 4-Minute Soccer game and Two2 Cricket match for sometime, I got bored. There was a huge computerized screen on the walls. Oh! I forgot to tell you, the teaching in this world is computerized and automated too! No teacher… no books … great, isn’t it? After listening to some of my favorite books (through mp7 players) I had to give a short and easy test to top my day with a cherry! The test was certainly easy for a literature lover like me!


I zoomed back home in my private jet listening to the music from my mp7 shirt. I certainly loved this fabulous day!


Hope life is so much fun and interesting in future. What do you people think? Do you all have any thoughts about the technology-driven life ahead? Then the “Post Comment" button is right below…..

7 comments:

Anonymous

What an imaginative creation! Well done. Keep it up, meghna.

Peter Pie

Hi Meghna,
Here I agree with Prabha. I think you're keeping up with both technology and writing. Good work!

Anonymous

Life will be boring in the future. Where is the drama. You don't eve nhave to bursh your own teeth. We will all be fat :(
Good work though.

Unknown

itz ol awesum!
ol d besht fr d rest of dis blog stuff!
rawk awn..\m/

Meghna

Dear Aayushi,
Thanks for dropping by and writing your encouraging comment.I'll try my best to keep up your expectations! Thanx once again for those good wishes too.

Meghna

Dear Prabha and Peter pie,
I'm trying hard to keep up with technology and write an imaginative post too. Glad that you appreciate my efforts!

Meghna

Dear manicastic,
Oh! I didn't think about that but you are certainly right. Thanks for your kind words though.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008