Friday, August 10, 2007

Oh Yeah !!! I Caught A Thief !


Do you people know about the horrifying comedy of my life ?? If you don’t, read on to find out about it ………..

It was a stormy day and the black sky blazed when the thunderstorm struck ! The rain was pouring down at the window of my room where I lay thoughtfully yet scared on my bed. I was not terrified due to the gloomy weather outside but the news I saw on the idiot box an hour ago made me jump out of my skin. Oh no ! I am not a person who is easily scared of anything which includes reptiles, ghosts, parents or teachers but excludes my fear for burglars.

Sure you would be surprised, but that night I tossed and turned in my bed because I had heard that the most dangerous gang of burglars ‘the Masked Men’ had entered our city. Unable to get a sound sleep, I decided to indulge myself in a book but I was disturbed by the abrupt sound that my sharp senses picked up in the house. Ah ! here it goes again arrrrhh….tttt…. aah ! someone certainly was there. I brought courage into myself and decided to sneak out and check who these late night visitors or in my worst nightmares Robbers were ! I peeked from my bedroom window and my worst suspicions were conformed ! There was a light in my parents room, where I was sure the burglar had gone. Surely, my parents would not switch on the light at such a late hour in the night !


I tip-toed along the corridor to my parents’ room. Then suddenly a brilliant idea struck my mind. I decided to latch the room from outside without arousing any suspicion from the burglar. Then the next morning I decide to catch my booby trap. I worked accordingly and when my work was done, I was quite elated with my victory and slept soundly that night.

The next morning I woke up early only to hear the frantic banging from inside my parents’ room. I was surprised when I heard my parents and little brother yelling at the top of their voice for someone to open the door. Confused and bewildered I did so. Instead of an expected praise for catching the burglar, I had to bear the grudge of hearing a volley of scolding and comments on my gallant stupidity! Yes, I use the word stupidity because later I learnt that it was my younger brother who had switched on the light of my parents’ room because he had seen a nightmare and had gone there for comfort and support. After hearing my version,the entire family roared with laughter!!!

I guess this is the end of it. I bet that not many of us are blessed with the chance to face the valor for tackling the burglar all alone.

Have you ever experienced such a pathetic comedy in your life? Please let me know.



5 comments:

E.G. and staff

Funny Story. You should
keep writing. Also, liked
the flower photo.
Keep in touch,
Elizabeth G.
http://booktestonlinecom.blogspot.com

Peter Pie

You have a good sense of humor. Interesting story! Where do you get the pictures from?

Anonymous

You have a way of writing unlike other kids of your age.

Meghna

Dear Peter Pie & Elizabeth,
Thanx for your comments. Regarding the pictures, didn't you know that I'm a great photographer? (just kidding..) I got it from the net.

Unknown

heyy mini..yeah..i remember now that you had once told me this story...good good...

but i never knew you were THAT good at writing...have you told ANY of our teachers about this???
you stupid girl..
Ma'am Hussain would've been proud of you!!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008