Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Abracadabra! - My One Day Wonder!!



One fine Sunday morning, during my summer holidays, I was sitting under the scorching heat of the sun waiting for my friends on the playground. I had been sitting there since an hour and believed that I would roast if I sat there a second longer. The immense excitement it offered to indulge myself in a great game of hide-and-seek compelled me from going back. Alas! My friends had entirely forgotten about this afternoon appointment and were watching the television at home.


Then suddenly I saw something lying near my feet. Full of inquisitiveness I decided to have a closer examination of it. I then understood that it was only a small piece of wood, but there was something in it that attracted me. Oh yes! It’s striking resemblance to Harry Potter’s wand. I chuckled foolishly to myself. I was then determined to check it out for entertainment. I drew a circle in the air with the wand and ordered it to produce a great feast before me.


I was stunned and dazed when my wish came true. There before my eyes (that I rubbed disbelievingly) was a grand feat. I devoured as much as I could and had a relishing meal. Then the first thing that came into my mind was the poem I wrote about the street children. I felt pity for them and decided to help them.


I pleaded with the wand to finish poverty from this world and make everyone an equal citizen of wealth. Then suddenly the small mud huts along the lane turned into fine stone houses and the children on the street wore good dresses behaving as if nothing had ever happened. My next mission was to put an end to illiteracy and pollution around the globe.


My wishes came true and thus I did a lot to make this world a better place for the needy and I’m sure I succeeded. Suddenly a voice from the wand said that I would have this great magic wand only for today!


Now my greed came back into me and I decided to help myself to many candies and chocolates! I sure had an upset stomach the next day but have no qualms! I didn’t study the whole day long and amazingly got no scolding from my parents only due to this enchanted wand.


The next day certainly, I was heart-broken when I could not find the wand. But there was nothing much I could do except cherish those great memories that I certainly do!


Don’t you people think that my thoughts are really great fantasies? Hope you liked this and considered it meaningful enough!

7 comments:

Peter Pie

Meghna,
Your fantasies are excellent and make me wonder how you imagine such. Waiting for more to come...

Anonymous

I agree. Your writing is flawless, my budding blogger. Good work!!

E.G. and staff

I like your fantasy story.
The picture is great with
the wand too. I am a fan of
chocolate myself. Admit it.
Just an idea. Have you thought
about putting a clock on your
site. Showing the time in India.
An Australian Blogger has
something similar on his.
I always wonder the time difference. Talk to you soon,
Elizabeth G.

Anonymous

Your fantasy is fantastic and meaningful too!

LORD MANILA STONE

You have a very creative mind. Your writing skill is really cool. I can easily understand what you want to convey to your readers. I will be back soon again. Cheers^^

Meghna

Thank you all! I feel delighted to know that you adored my post.

badthing1

Hi Meghna :)

I LOVED what your creative and imaginative mind came up with here, honey!!!

I was able to form pictures in my OWN mind of everything that you've said and you are an excellent storyteller.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008