Saturday, August 25, 2007

Absent Minded Professor


There sitting on the computer

For hours and hours and hours

My father sat on a chair

As if he was on a different planet like Mars!


Oh! He is really a genius

An unexpectedly good one

Born in our family

I’m sure I will be the next one


But no matter how much he tries

And looks around hard by using both eyes

He still can’t find his car keys

Which I can see lying near his thighs!!


Is there any one in your family who is as absent-minded as my father? I will certainly not know about it until and unless you tell me. So why hesitate to inform?


9 comments:

Peter Pie

Dear Meghna,
This is a wonderful poem. In my family, I'm the one like an absent minded professor. Very humorous!

Anonymous

Meghna,
You are a budding poet too!

judeparsons

hi meghna,
you added my blog on your friends list in blog catalog so i thought i'd come and see yours. you have an amazing imagination and your stories are full of life and humour. i enjoyed them very much. in my family my youngest son is the absent minded one, always losing his keys and his phone. keep writing!

Meghna

Dear Peter Pie and tkg,
Thanx for sharing your thoughts with me. I really appreciate it!I will certainly keep writing more poems and keep you rolling with laughter!!

Meghna

Dear Jude,
Thanx for dropping by and reading my blog.Pleased that you enjoyed it.Thanks again for telling me about your son. Keep visiting and reading.....

E.G. and staff

Very funny poem about your dad
and the keys. I have to do that now, started driving this summer.
My school is about 30 minutes from my house. I start on Monday. Now the summer is really over. Maybe I am glad. Very hot now about 105/F
each day. Wish me luck!
Elizabeth G.

MS

I probably qualify as that person in my family---except for the 'genius" part.

Lisa McGlaun

When my husband and I leave the house we have to come back in at least twice to get things we've forgotten. It goes like this. "Where's my phone?" "I don't know." "I'll be back." He comes back. "Did you grab the map?" "No" "Arrgg..I'll be back!"..lol. It's quite funny unless we are in a hurry.

Like you blog,
Lisa

Anonymous

My Mom is always loosing stuff and I always have to find it. Nice poem.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008