Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The children by the street…. Help!




Have you ever considered

The lives of those in pain?

Have you ever thought of

The people lying on the lane?


The children by the street

Are an awful sight to see

My heart is full of sorrow

Thinking it could have been me!


So help those who you think

Are in need of charity

And you yourself

Should impede spending lavishly


Stop being so wicked

And fill your heart with compassion

For those who can’t have anything

Except heart-rendering pain!


Do you agree? Please let me know by commenting below.

7 comments:

Anonymous

This shows the sympathy shown by you towards the underprivileged and those suffering. Very very nicely written.Are you a poet in the making?

Peter Pie

I agree with Catherine totally. Here comes a great poet.

E.G. and staff

Wow! Meghna great way to get
people to think of others and
appreciate what they may have.
The picture and your story
really shows it all.

Elizabeth G.
P.S. Thanks for adding me to
your blog roll and also for
your email too.

Trix

You have a great blog so far, and thanks for the comment you left me.I agree that such poverty for the ctreet children is terrible, we have the same disadvantaged children in south africa...I guess it a problem worldwide.

Nick

Nice post, but I don't think that folks that don't give money are wicked. People have to be smart about how they help. My dad went to Haiti, and was surrounded by many very poor children living in huts. He tried to give some of them money and gifts, but the big kids beat up the little ones and took everything. That's why I think it's a good idea to give money to help build schools in poor countries. Maybe some day those kids can go to college and then help people them selves.

L8t,

Kid Reviewer

Anonymous

Lovely Poetry Meghna:)
Though I found your poetry very moving but at the same time I agree to Nick's point of view.

Keep up the great work:)

Cheers!!
http://meghamathur.blogspot.com/

Meghna

Thank you all for the encouraging comments. Thanks meghamathur & nick for pointing out a valid observation. I totally agree with you. Helping poor children in ANY MANNER is a welcome step.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008