Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Game of Brainies !


Do you people know that I play chess too? This time I am here to encourage you to join this game!!

The history of chess states that chess was invented in my country-India (which I proudly reckon). I am sure that you would have heard that chess is a real boring and time-consuming game to indulge yourself into, but this is not so. With the invention of a chess clock you can play a very fast and exciting game of even 5 or 3 minutes!!!

Now that I have cleared one of your misconceptions but you still aren’t motivated then read on………

O.K. Now it’s time to motivate you further! This is especially for students because this game (I bet) is really beneficial for them.

The game of chess is really good for a healthy mind. Only reading does not make you intelligent so you should learn to play chess too!! It makes your brain sharp and active. It increases your concentration level too. It helps in enabling your brain to think hard before you choose a particular option. Thus, it helps you in planning your next move. Focusing, visualizing and analyzing are other significant benefits of learning this game!! If you are scared to play cricket, football or soccer because the ball may hit you hard then chess is indeed the right game for you!!!

Did you know that recent researches in the U.S show that chess improved the reading and math’s grades of school going students? In various schools chess is the part of the math’s curriculum and teacher’s vow that this has improved the grades of 55 % of the students !!

Now I am sure that I must have motivated you enough! So don’t waste your time, Go and learn to play the game today itself. (Need help? Feel free to contact me!!!)


11 comments:

E.G. and staff

Wow! This reminds me of the Harry Potter life size Chess Game. Where did you find this photo?
I love chess too. Great idea.

Keep in touch,
My school starts back in 2 weeks.
Elizabeth G.
http://booktestonlinecom.blogspot.com

P.S. Did you ever hear anything from my friend Nick at Kidreviewer.com?

Peter Pie

Hi Meghna,
Glad to know that apart from writing great articles, you play the great game of chess too. It is really beneficial; but unfortunately I'm not a fan of chess. May be I can learn something from you? Keep us informed about the developments in this field!

Meghna

Dear Elizabeth,
Thanks for posting your valuable comment on my blog !Great to hear that you like chess too. Oh ! I am such a great photographer that I clicked these photoes myself! (Just kidding ! )Got them from the net ! I will be sure to keep in touch !

Meghna

Dear Peter Pie,
Thanks once again for posting your great comments ! I will sure keep you informed and maybe I could even give you free coaching's ! he....heeee.Do not hesitate to contact me if you need help ! Do you have your own blog ? And i am also interested in knowing which country you belong to !

Unknown

heyy...i know how to play chess...
but unfortunately...dont have a partner... :(

Armand Rousso

Chess is not a game of brainies. It's just like a strategy game on PC.

Armand Rousso
http://chess.armandrousso.biz/

★●Shadow Stalker●★

A fast game of Chess of 3 or 5 minutes, isn't a game of Chess at all, it takes away all your thinking abilities, you always have an eye on the clock coz, if you are late in moving your piece, your opponent will win by default. A fast game of chess (Rapid Chess) is played for 20 minutes/player, the person with the highest points at the end of 20 minutes wins the game, which I think you know (I mean the value of each piece).

Otherwise, the Chess is played more on a traditional basis, the long boring game, which lingers on for hours.

P.S. Since you play chess, I would like to know your favorite chess opening/defence.

-Sam.

★●Shadow Stalker●★

I would love to play a game of Chess with you, online obviously, do tell me when & where. :)

-Sam.

Meghna

Hi Sam,
I think you're absolutely correct. I agree with you! A two hour traditional game is certainly the best!
I play many openings so there is no one favorite. I keep experimenting.
Sam, I'd love to play a game of chess with you too some day!

★●Shadow Stalker●★

Lol, it's fixed then, here, I will add that I'm not a very good Chess player. :(

-Sam.

Meghna

Hi sam,
Look for me at chess.com by meghnak.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008