Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Have You Ever Seen Book Characters Come Alive???



I would like to tell you all about my greatest desire ever since childhood !! I think I have dozens of interesting books in my tedious, normal life and Oh ! yes it has been my most adorable dream to meet these characters alive . Great isn’t it ???


The clock had just struck
midnight and I sat there on my table drooling over my really boring History book for the great test tomorrow. Every part of my body ached and I longed to sleep on my comfortable bed. I could see the last light in the house at my father’s study being switched off and then my feelings took the better hand of me. I could not stop myself from taking an enrapturing book from my cupboard and settling down on the rocking chair in my study.


Life seemed to be a much better place to live with this great book of Nancy Drew in my hand but Voila! The next second I saw nothing but darkness all around me and suddenly I was standing under the bright sun with Bess & George. My mental machinery had abruptly stopped working and I was bewildered when I understood that I had replaced the character of Nancy Drew. Our trio was having a gala time as
Nancy was sneaking behind a suspect deciding about a plot how to capture the thief. But there was a flash and I was standing under the thundering sky drenched in the rain.


NOOO, How could I betray Bess & George. But there was no time to ponder over this as this time I had replaced the character of Frank Hardy in the great Hardy Boy mystery. I was showing off my martial art skills hurling a great kick at the intruder.


My joy knew no bounds when the next moment I had Harry Potter’s voice. (Sure, you didn’t expect me to forget that !!!). I was there standing as the studious Hermoine Granger and hearing the as usual talks of the great Harry Potter about VOLDERMORT IS UP TO THIS AND UP TO THAT. But sure, I nodded my head in agreement. How could I deny? I wish from my heart to get indulged in some of the pranks played by the twin Weasely brothers. But this time I was not lucky !!

My position had changed again and I could now hear my mother yelling at the top of her voice. Alas ! my dreams were shattered and I was back home (not at 4 PRIVATE T DRIVE !!! of course ) I stood there hoping to meet Aunt March in Little Women or replace the character of Sherlock Holmes and solve some great mysteries with Watson.

Indeed my History test went down the drain next day but I do not regret !!!

9 comments:

Anonymous

Your post lacks content. But really entertaining. Language and imagination are excellent. You've matured as a good writer.

Peter Pie

Good writeup. Keep it up!

Meghna

Dear Catherine,
thank-you for your comment. I will certainly endeavor my best to improve !!!
Peter Pie thanks for your comment too. They are certainly encouraging !

CFD Ed

Ah books! In so many respects the world would be dull and empty without good books.

joen05

I did not expect this quality of writing from a 12 year old, keep it up!

E.G. and staff

Thanks for the recent comments on my blog. You are very creative.
Enjoyed reading the Nancy Drew post. Thanks.
My family has a good friend that lives in New Delhi. He went to College in U.S. & now moved back to India. He has invited us many times. I wish that we would visit.
Elizabeth G.
http://BookTestOnline.com
http://booktestonlinecom.blogspot.com

Unknown

oYe meghu..wen hav ya started all dis babez?
newayz gud work!

Sheikh Binoy

Hmm... juz went on top of my head coz i donno ABC of these books u mentioned, except the Sherlock Holmes !! But ur language is awesome, I shud say :)

Binu Aphan.

badthing1

Hi Meghna :)

I'm wondering whether your parents read to you while you were in the womb, you are so good!!!

The best to you as you pursue a writing career (DO IT!!!) :)

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008