Monday, August 20, 2007

My discovery of the ‘Blogosphere’!

It was a dull winter Sunday. The city was covered with cold white snowflakes and unpleasant frost. The bright shimmering sun was behind a huge cloud. This made my morning more dreary and gloomy. I woke up hoping for a good day ahead, but the opposite was in store for me.


I decided to have a bath in hot water in order to protect myself from the dreadful weather outside. I poured the water on myself thinking it was hot but I had a hard lump in my throat when I understood that the water was biting cold. Oh yes, My hand and feet became numb and I stood there for a few seconds as an ice-statue. Suddenly, the gravity of the situation struck me hard and I was so irate that I opted out of taking a bath today. I felt sticky and uncomfortable but my strong willed nature controlled my feelings.


I then went down to have a sumptuous breakfast. Wow! The plates were full of my favorite dishes. I forgot all my anguish and decided to devour this feast. I cursed my lucky stars when I saw a fly sitting on one of the dishes. My annoyance and fury flooded back into my head and took the better hand of me. I was so displeased that I did not have a morsel of food for breakfast.


To brighten my anger, I decided to play with my brother. I was so eager that I entered his room without knocking and absolutely forgot that he abhors even the thought of someone entering his room without knocking. He was so infuriated by my impudent behavior that he refused to play with me or lend me his toys. I burst into tears of anger and sorrow. This was such a wretched day!


I now settled down with my Library novel. I turned to the second page and noticed that there instead of the second page lay the fortieth page! It took me seconds to understand that some mischievous child had torn the pages in-between. I read the next page but could make no head or tail of it, so I dejectedly closed the book. With no other alternative left I sat down to watch the idiot-box. Once again I was unfortunate as I sat there switching channels- news, some old black and white movie, news again, chat show. Ah! No cartoon or other channels I’d love to watch. Disgusted I turned off the television and sat there in dilemma thinking about what to do next.


I decided to go and help my mother. I began pestering her and so irritated she gave me the job of keeping the cups on the table. I decided to have some fun doing this task so I picked up 5 cups at once. I was halfway across the kitchen when a fly came and sat on my nose. Crash-boom-Bang! Went the cups on the floor as I moved my hand to swat the fly. Thank-Goodness, I wasn’t hurt but all those costly cups were shattered into a thousand fragments. My mother sure gave me an ill-tempered piece of her mind.


Now really irritated I went into my room and deliberately switched on the computer. This is when I discovered the ‘Blogosphere’ and sought after the fun and enjoyment it provided1 I joined in and the rest of my day was really pleasing! Now I sit here writing how my blog gave me a few happy moments in the most dreadful day of my life!


Have you ever had such an experience? I would sure love to know!

6 comments:

Anonymous

I thought you were discussing about something on blogging. But you befooled me. Nice presentation.

Peter Pie

Meghna,
Again an interesting piece of writing. You should write more of your thoughts. I appreciate your work.

Meghna

Dear tkg & peter pie,
Thank you for the comments and encouragement. I will surely try to write more like this if it interests you.

Kerri.

Hi there! I just found your blog via BlogCatalog. I like your layout, your voice, and your ambition.

I write a blog about diabetes (I've had type 1 diabetes since I was 6 yrs old) - would love to have you come by and visit me at Six Until Me.

Are you aiming to be a writer once your graduate school?

-- Kerri.

Jaya

Wow! That really was a BAD day in the beginning! How great that you were able to turn it around into a good day. Sometimes that is very hard to do, to change directions like that, from BAD to GOOD. But if you can keep your head, and heart, OPEN to the good, even while experiencing bad, then that creates a crack for the good to find its way in. Well done, Meghna!!

Meghna

Thanks for your comments. Dear kerri, I will sure visit your site as it sounds really informative for me. Dear Jaya, you gave me a really interesting thought for the day. Thanx once again to both of you

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008