Saturday, January 5, 2008

Something Different!

Hi friends! This post of mine is not the usual story or poem but something I had been longing to write. I have written three entirely things in this post and hope you all have something in it for all of you! ENJOY :D

My Hidden Hobby

I am sure that I have not told you anything about my interest in drawings & paintings. Recently, one of the readers appreciated me about my art thinking that it was done by a professional, I was very much delighted. No....nothing big, I am just an amateur artist, along with being a budding blogger!

So when my dad presented me with a digital camera on my last birthday, I could not resist the temptation of digitizing some of my drawings (and I have also include them in some of my posts).So today, I thought I would put them before you for you all to judge. Actually, I hope you all can bear with it...LOL! I have put some of my paintings throughout this post!



A Great Start Of The Year
I recently received an award from a fellow Indian blogger and a very good friend, Anoop. He has made the beginning of the year prosperous for me by giving me the 'Bloggers Of The World Award'. Anoop, a lovely motivator and the owner of a fabulous blog has given me a really pleasant surprise (as he says it was for him too! ) Thank you for the honor, dear Anoop!

Online Chess

I had earlier mentioned that I have avid interest in chess. For those who do not know, I would like to mention that I am a National Chess Player (recently played the under-12 age group and earlier under-7 age group etc.) and had faired well in all these tournaments. My role models were the International Women Grandmasters like Koneru Humpy and Susan Polgar. I too wanted to become like one of them.

But of late due to my writing commitments, lethargy, laziness, distraction, studies, blogging or whatever reason you may suggest, I have reduced practicing chess these days. But last month, when my good friend, excellent blogger and a real chess enthusiast, Nikita encouraged me to play chess. She asked me to register with the online chess platform Chess.com and I could neither resist the temptation nor refuse her request. So I have registered with chess.com and here is my profile in that. Nikita, in her beautiful blog Chessalee shows many interesting games from Chess.com, which is delightful to follow!

Though I have finished about 15-20 games only (with around 10 in progress), I am glad that I could win more than 80% of the games I played (of which most of them are experienced grown-up players :D). Chess.com is a wonderful platform to lay your hands on, of course, if any of you are interested in chess. Any other chess enthusiast reading my blog is free to invite me for a game!





27 comments:

Champ

Hi Meghu!! thanks for your nice visit and Happy new year too...sorry not blogging nowadays...hope will start after sometime. So how you doing and how is everyone at home? Take care c u soon. bye

JesieBlogJourney

Meghna
Wow! You are multi-talented, writes well and draws well. I love your drawings. Stumbled.

Sure, you can have all the "curry" that you want. Take care.

Lena

hey, Meghna, you got great blog here. Loved your drawings!
And congrats on the award, you absolutely deserve it!!! :)

Peter Pie

Hi Meghna,
This was a surprising news to me. You are a multi-talented young lady, really! Whereas I thought of you only as an excellent writer.

Playing chess and beating many grown-ups in the game at such a young age is amazing. Sorry, as i don't play chess much, I won't be able to join you bcz you would beat me out in 5 minutes :D Best of luck for your games. You should continue to play this wonderful game, girl!

As for your drawings and paintings, they are really wonderful. I think you should keep posting them as they are very interesting.

And for the award, you really deserve it!

Nikita

Hi Meghna! Wonderful drawings!! Great!! Well done!! Didn't know you're a National Champ!! You little "bogger" ! LOL!
ps...most of my own games i'm blogging is from Chessworld...i haven't blogged any from Chess.com and the past few days are from the African Junior Chess Championship in Malawi..it ends tomorrow....good games played yesterday and perhaps today too...we have players from South Africa doing excellent...Egyptian player was in the lead yesterday with a SA player 1/2 point behind, so i'm very anxious to know what happpened today and what will happen tomorrow...watch my blog for that! :))

RecycleCindy

I love your drawings! They are so colorful and lovely. Thanks for sharing this wonderful talent of yours with us.

Meghna

Hi Champ,
i'm glad you're back in good spirits. Hope you'll be back to blogging soon. Everything is fine here and my blog is doing great! Miss you so be back soon!

Keep in touch! Thanks :D

Meghna

Hi Jesie,
Thanks for your compliments. I'm glad you liked my pictures! Thanks for the stumble too...
Ummmm....My mouth waters at the thought of it. Don't finish it yet as I'll be coming to your place soon to eat that! :D

Meghna

Hi Lena,
Thanks for the visit. I'm glad you liked my blog, drawings and the award I received. Hope you liked the stories too! Thanks :D

Meghna

Hi peter Pie,
I'm sure you'd have been surprised. Writing is my passion and drawing and clicking photos is an interest and playing chess is a hobby! :D
I'm glad I could make you happy and in awe of my art! I'll keep posting my drawings if you like them so much!
Oh dear, i won't beat you...I'll let you win in at least 3 games out of 5. After all, you're one of my friends.
I'll sure continue playing....

Thanks :D

Meghna

Hi Niks,
I'm glad you liked it all. Sorry for the mistake. I didn't know that you blogged those games from chessworld so I'd thought it was chess.com. Thanks for telling me.
This sounds interesting! Hope the South Africans do well! The 1/2 lead can be covered soon, i beleive! :D

Thanks...

Meghna

Hi cindy,
I'm glad you liked it all. I'll keep sharing more of my art with you all, now onwards.
Thanks :D

Anonymous

Hi Meghna! So you like drawing! Me too. I am not as good as you at playing chess, I think I've played one or two times.
Great post! Congrats!
:D

Anonymous

so i guess you really like chess and drawing

Meghna

Hi Stephie,
I'm g;ad you liked it! Thanks :D

--xh--

meghz, itz my pleasure to give the award to you.. and man, you do sketch well. i used to sketch some time back, but now for the last 3-4 years, havnt done anything... and a national level chess player.. wow.. congratz.. i would love to invite you but thne, iam sure my project manager will kick me out of my seat :)

Sachin Garg

all i can say is..


12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meghna

Hi arichthe kid,
You're absolutely correct, is all that I can say!
Thanks :D

Meghna

Hi Anoop,
It was a pleasure for me too, to receive such an award from a good friend! Thanks for all the compliments. I too would've loved to accept your invitation (only if you gave one) but then I'm sure my teachers will kick me out of the school! :D

Meghna

Hi Johny,
Ah! A new reader so these thoughts! Hope you liked my posts! :D

Anonymous

You are sooooo creative and gifted, Meghna, I m just so amazed at your talent!

Meghna

Hi Deb,
I'm glad you liked it all! Thanks :D

Ranjani Ravi

Whoa, Meghna this is great news!So you are a multi-faceted personality!I don't know anything about art and so i cant tell you how you sketch or anything but from what people say, you must be terrific!Well, playing chess is not an easy thing and i know how exhausting it can be. I am just a novice when it comes to the game but my dad is an ace. Every time i play with him, i lose:(

Anyways, it was great to know things about you you have never mentioned. Keep the words flowing!Ciao!

Meghna

Hi Ranjhani,
It's always nice to hear from you! I'm glad you liked my other hobbies too. I'm glad that there is always someone like u to encourage me! If you keep practicing someday you too could win from your dad! :D

Farha Salim

i never knew tht u wer a great artist too

Meghna

Hi Little Poetess,
Thanks. Hope you liked it too!

Rohit

You should have posted something related to common life which will be searched by people everyday & try to make a lot of visitors on your blog

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008