Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm The Chief!


Hard winds and dark clouds lashed in the city. After a little while, it started pouring cats and dogs. The whole city was swept into a torrent of water. Rains tormented the city for more than twenty-five hours!

The roads were in a poor condition. There was sludge on the roads which made it difficult for the vehicles to pass. The early next morning a traveler passing through one of the lesser known routes in the city noticed an abandoned wagon lying trapped amidst the slush. It was in a poor state and looked as if it had encountered an accident.

The glass was broken and the seats were in a charred state. Worried, the traveler informed the city police. The policeman soon took over the job of removing the wagon from the middle of the road. The Chief of police soon set off to the site of accident with a small group of people.

When the policemen gathered around the wagon, they took the required pictures and notes. The Chief of Police then ordered his men to remove the wagon from the road. The wagon was a heavy vehicle. Several men gathered around to do the job. The Chief of Police stood there instructing the people how hard to push and occasionally passing sarcastic comments on their obsessive laziness.

A man passing through this road noticed the shocking behavior of the Chief. He went to him and said, “Sire, I notice that these men are striving hard and you’re standing here watching them. Don’t you suppose you should help them out?”. “Ah! Young man, I’m the Chief of the Police and it’s not my job to push a wagon. It’s well suited for these lazy fellows. Look at them struggling so hard!” replied the Chief in a sardonic way.

Astonished at this poor standard the Chief was setting, the man pulled off his coat and went to help the poor men. The people struggled for an hour when at last the wagon was pulled off the road. The benevolent soul then went to the Chief of Police and said, “Next time you need someone when you are not willing to help these people call me, The Mayor of this city”. Thus smiling the man went on his journey leaving behind a changed yet appalling Chief of the Police!







22 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME

great week

Meghna

thanks!

Peter Pie

hi meghna,

I enjoyed reading this. you have written a wonderful story on helpfulness. I have seen many arrogant people like the police chief described in your story in real life. Keep up the good work.

Filarial

if only all politicians were so.. for that matter if only 1 were so.. alas the cynic in me does not see that happening however much the positronic me does.. and almost always the cynic wins ...

WritingsForLife

the stupid inspector should be fired!!! :-)

Love the story... inspiring.
I like your blog. I know I will be visiting often :)
Cheers!

Meghna

Hi petr Pie,
I'm glad you liked this story! It's an attempt to tell others that there still are people living to help others!

Meghna

Hi Filarial,
I agree with your positronic mind. i suppose u could be one too and with u as one of them, I'm sure the country will prosper!

Meghna

Hi Raaji,
I'm glad you liked it and I agree. He should be fired! Thanks :D

Farha Salim

ver nice
the policman must be fired + he deserves a big punishment.
since the mayor was a good man he didnt punish him....!

well meghna, I should really say u r a really talented friend..............!!!

Farha Salim

very nice
ur good at writing stories..................

love,
poetess

Anonymous

ha ha. Good one Meghna. That mayor had class. Excellent story. Power certainly goes to some people's heads.

They say someone's true character comes out on a date if you observe how the person treats a waitress as well. I wish I learned that one sooner.

Leena Helttula

Hi Meghna,

great story and so real! I can imagine that really happening. Your stories just get better and better!

Ranjani Ravi

Whoa!Yet another awe-inspiring story from you!Everytime i am here to comment on your stuff, i fall short of words. You never fail to amaze me:)

Well, Meghna, I am gonna give ya a very important tip. Whatever you do now is fabulous;no doubt. But what makes a story complete is dialogues.or stories like these, there' no actual need to add dialogues, but in the future, if you write short stories that are kinda longer, always use a lot of dialogues. People always get attracted by dialogues compared to a stretch of paragraphs.Even when i read books, i would prefer a conversation to a description.hmm

Well, hope u get my point. Keep the words flowing!Tc

vagabond dreamer

nice story, very imaginative. i know there is lesson in there somewhere, but i cant seem to get my head around the idea

Meghna

Hi Little Poetess,
Thanks for the comment. But I think you are much more talented than me!

Meghna

Thanks once again my friend, Little Poetess!

Nikita

wonderful story...great use of vocab!! Keep it up! you are catching people's imagination! :)

Meghna

Hi Sandra,
I agree, Peoples true character does come out at unusual times and places. Thanks :D

Meghna

Hi Leena,
I'm glad you liked it! I'm improving with the constant support of people like you! Thanks...

Meghna

Hi Ranjhani,
I'm glad you liked it. I understand your advice and I'll try to use it in my upcoming stories. Thanks for the valuable advice!

Meghna

Hi Dreamer,
I'm glad you liked it. I'll try to write a better one next time which depicts the moral clearly. Thanks:D

Meghna

Hi Nikia,
Thanks :D

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008