Friday, February 20, 2009

F.R.I.E.N.D.S!!!

Friends
“Do you understand now?”, the teacher smiled back at her.

Yes ma’am, she answered with a brightly lit face and a thankful tone.

That’s when I awoke suddenly during the physics class and shouted eureka :P

The teacher and all the students stared back at me. “What happened, Meghna?” she asked. “Ma’am I finally found my lost Physics book. I now remember that I had kept it in my brother’s school bag because he was after my life troubling me for some heat numericals. I had refused to give the book, but when he got so inquisitive, I decided to hide it in the horses mouth itself”, I replied sheepishly.

The teacher look back angrily but finally the smile reappeared while she said, “I’m glad dear, for now, you won’t be sleeping anymore in my class I guess?”

“No ma’am”, I laughed back, with all my classmates joining in.

As soon as the bell rang, the maths period began. We stifled mouthfuls of delicious food prepared by our mothers and when we saw the teacher coming, got back to our innocent li’l self.

Day after day, we had cringed for our classes with friends and full on rocking fun quotient.

The wretched half term exams had spoilt life in between but then, it was the only time when we naughty gals finally got acquainted with school books.

There had been problems between friends or fights and lots of tears which I won’t deny. But life has its sets of problems and we always overcame them, after all, what was the lunch break for? (when you had already eaten your lunch between classes?)

But far more, there were times of fun, of games periods, of innumerable free classes, of mesmerizing talents of our classmates in mocking teachers, of the best class there ever can be.

The unity, kept us alive and living, when the dreaded books burnt lives. The smiles from our friends kept back the tears which were insensitive to sorrow or joy.

That was what we called life! School….friends and my class….that is LIFE!


P.S- This is a dedication to all my classmates (class 8) and friends in my group. I just wish they stay like this forever, never to be vanquished from my heart. Wish for many more years together to come, even after this year ends. And also, wish all you guys who are gonna appear for their board exams or any other exams, all the luck!



34 comments:

sb

Amen to ur wishes lil' one..

n wel, i dropped in to say that i hav written something abt u in ma 100th post.. chec out!

bye..

I am a lover of children's literature

Ah, good old school days... they come and go so quickly, so enjoy them while they last! They may end, but the memories remain, I just hope that what remains will be good ones.

Shravan Vijayaprasad

School days were fun!! But college is really coming upto that level too! :)

I've soo started to love my college!

Sakhi

Ah wonderful old days!!! :) Missing my friends a lot! :)

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥

schools are really lovely places in one's memories :)

that was such a sweet post ..and I hope ur frnds defn wud had enjoyed it...

Swetha Padakandla

gud one!
memories r so sweet and those days wer truly awesome..
ur post gave a flash back.. :)

cheers
swetha

Adi

there was some virus on the site, that's why i cudnt post or comment. Now it's fixed but its useless... exams aa gaye na... padna padega.
I loved the post. Eating lunch btween periods is something i like to do, but most of the times i go back home with an empty stomach cause' my partner eats my lunch!

Anonymous

Hi Meghna,
Great Post! I was wondering,
what part of India are you from?
Also what is it like in India?
Your blog is on my blogroll and I think I might make it "blog of the month" on my blog because you have done such a good job of your posts.
Write Back!

Meghna

@sulo - Thank you very much. I'll be visiting the blog soon. Sorry that I couldn't do it earlier due to exam preparations.

Meghna

@ Don - Yeah, you said it. Enjoy them while they last :-) Thank you.

Meghna

@ Shrav - LOL! If college is also enjoyable like school, the nothing like it. Enjoy yourself!

Meghna

@ Sakhi - Yes, these days are wonderful. Hope you keep touch with some of them.

Meghna

@ daydreamer - Yeah, my friends really enjoyed it.

Meghna

@ swetha - Glad to lean that this post gives back your memories :-)

Meghna

@ adi - That was very funny. Going back home with empty stomach? :-) By the way, virus at this site? Or in your computer? Yeah, exams are round the corner. Study, study & study :-(

Meghna

@ Nicholas - Thank you for dropping by and saying so. Yes, I had seen the blogroll and thanks for that. I'm pleased to note that you liked this blog. I'm from Northern part of India.

sb

thnks 4 droppin by meggie! tht was such a sweet sentiment tht i cdnt help revertin back there as well as here ::hugs::
:)

Priscila

Hi!Long time no talk!
How are you?
How is school?
kisses!

IncorrigibleV

Amen to that.
*sigh* u made me all nostalgic...

sb

hey kiddo! wen can i xpect ur nxt update.. am quite jobless now n tht makes me wait all the more for ur nxt post.. but i gues u r busy wid ur xams.. :(

Dhanya

Yeah, school days are the best! Carefree days. Enjoy these days to the max dear! And I mean that... :)

Jeevan

That's sounds great fun dear! I wish you and u r classmates a wonderful school journey. all the best to the exams! cheers :)

Jaggu

Blog updated!!!

Anonymous

you have been awarded :D

http://magicalharsh.wordpress.com/2009/03/11/the-cute-blogger/

Meghna

@ Sulo- hey....you are always so sweet. It's I who should be saying THANKS :)

I earnestly am grateful :P

Meghna

@ Priscila- Am good....especially after these exams :)
Will keep in touch!

Meghna

@ Vandita- :P

Meghna

@ Sulo- Just very soon...... curtains up :P

Meghna

@ Dhanya- Am sure going too....atleast I'm trying my best :P

Meghna

@ Jeevan- We sure hope to make it a memorable one! Thanks a lot!

Meghna

@ Jaggu- I'll come visiting soon!

Meghna

@ Harsh- Hey! Thanks a ton!!!

Anonymous

Good post! You had my attention from title to comment...

Anonymous

nice post, i like it, keep it up

Haiku poetry

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008