Thursday, June 12, 2008

What Happened To Me?

Akshardham Temple, New Delhi, india

Hello friends! I'm sure you all must be wondering what's up with me…yeah, I know I've been a bit inactive in blogging these days. I am expressing my sincere regret to all friends and readers who are missing me and I am certainly missing reading your wonderful blogs these days.

Actually, my summer vacations have begun. For all those who do not remember what these are (certainly it must have been a long time back for some of you…\chuckling/), these are long hours under the blazing Sun with hands sticky and messy with mango juice and pulp. These are times to spend with friends and family as if for eternity! (Actually the vacations are only 2 months long!) Times to enjoy our days without scolding from our teachers (but there are parents of course!). Times for candies and chocolates and sea-side picnics. To cut the long story short, these are times of fun, frolic, merriment and enjoyment in every kid's life!

But most important is going on a holiday or tour. That's exactly what I'm doing in these vacations. I'm traveling! I'm on a visit to my nation's capital, New Delhi, the capital of India. This is my second visit here.

The majestic aura and opulence of the city is certainly captivating. Many of my relatives reside here, so I'm having a tough time visiting every one and racking my brains to remember those alien Aunts and Uncles. Actually, I'm squirming hard to free myself from those suffocating embraces and cheek pulling.

India Gate, New Delhi, india I've also been doing a lot of sight seeing lately in Delhi. I've visited the wonderful Akshardham Temple which is certainly a treat to the eyes. The three shows organized there are one-of-it's-kind and certainly stimulating. The "Musical Fountain" was a great experience too. Then my picnic to the India Gate was memorable…all my cousins accompanied me and we had a whale of a time! Then those crazy shopping sprees which stand hard on Dad's purse..he..he..I've yet got to visit many more places so I'll tell you the rest later.

So you understand, I'm typing this from a cyber café and it better be fast! That owner certainly looks scary..Oh Lord! But I promise to be back soon…probably by June 14th and then…I'll be back with a bang…catching up on all that I've missed…Until then..bear with this sceptic, hasty GOODBYE!!

Meghna

34 comments:

Anonymous

Heyy Sis
Hmmm enjoying holidays. Me too. Delhi uff thode din pehle bataya hota Delhi aarhi ho to ruk jati. I returned from Delhi few days ago. Delhi is really beatiful.
Yeah! I can understand writing a post from a cyber cafe. Will be waiting for you.
Enjoy your Holidays.

anand

enjoy the vacations :)

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥

maje karo :P

PS:
this word verification before posting a comment is very stupid..it doesnt get loaded most of the time :(

Meghna

Hi pari,
Thank you. Yes, Delhi is a wonderful place. We could have met.....

Meghna

Hi anand,
Thanks!!

Meghna

Hi the day dreamer,
Yes, I'm enjoying very much.
Sorry for the word verification thing and sad to know that it troubles you a lot. But it is required to fight with spammers. Let me see whether there is any alternative. Or if you know, please tell me what to do!!
Thank you.

Vishesh

lol brb soon :) YU! waits you :) ..

broca's area

hmm....enjoy the holidays..but 2m are too much no!:P

Meghna

hi vishesh,
I'll be back to YouthUnite soon!

Meghna

Hi brocasarea,
Thyank you :D

I am a lover of children's literature

As long as you and your family have fun and return safe and refreshed, we will forgive you! But you have to promise to blog, blog, like you never blogged before when you return, ok?

As for that scary internet cafe owner, your are so correct - he is scary - after all, he charged me double last time I was there, only last week, when I too, visited New Delhi in one of my fantasy dreams of mine!

By the way, were you wearing a yellow dress with a white blouse? I might have seen you? I was the goofy looking guy wearing the red and yellow dotted shirt, baggy black pants with orange strips, one green sneaker, the other one red!

I just got to stop rushing when I get dressed in my fantasy dreams!

Unknown

Enjoy your trip !!!!

Meghna

Hi Don,
Thank you for forgiving me. But I promise to blog as never before when I come back!!

Sorry, at the internet cafe, I was not wearing a yellow dress with a white blouse, but was on blue jeans and pink top! But I spotted you on a black trousers and yellow shirt. :)

Meghna

Hi kenney,
Thank you :D

--xh--

i was wondering about u yesterday, l'll sis.. and thought whetehr i missed any updates.. and today i saw this.. enjoy the holidays.. and come back with lot of good memories andwrite about them.. u r missed around... :)

Meghna

Hi Big Bro,

Thank you very much!!

I'll be back soon and write about it for sure!

I'm missing all you friends too...

Jeevan

Beautiful, I was just adorning your writing and felt wow. New Delhi, wish I want to be their some days. Have a great vacation period and happiness with u dear. Take care :)

Meghna

Hi Jeevan,
Thanks a lot. I'm certainly having a gala time with all my cousins!
BTW, was I able to change your thoughts on New Delhi after you read this ? :P

Filarial

"For all those who do not remember what these are (certainly it must have been a long time back for some of you…\chuckling/)"

Yeah- Drive it in like a dagger..:(

Anonymous

hey Meghna!
On holidays? Well enjoy them all and be the best you can, see what you might not see today and have the greatest of fun. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Lucky to be visiting so much places. Have fun!!!!! That man you described gave me a good idea of what he looked like! You sure know your imagery!! ;)
Hurry on now, you don't want him to scare you away and make you go mad.
have an extraordinary holiday!!!
We'll be waiting until you come back to us.....
Hugs

Anonymous

Hi, sorry no touch!!
So that looked like a cool vacation!!
wish i had a cool one too!

Meghna

Hi Filarial...
:)chuckling again:) I just love to do that you know...see how naughty I am!

Meghna

Hi Nadine,
Thanks for all those good wishes! I'm certainly enjoying myself...you wouldn't have to wait long for I'll be back soon neither the cyber cafe manager cause I'm off soon :P

Meghna

Hi Norma,
Do try and keep in touch. I'll be back soon :)

Anonymous

Hi Meggie!
I will always try to keep in touch boss!!!
On your commands!!!!
Bye

Meghna

Hi Norma,
umm...boss...thanks for that honor but I think it's a bit too much...sch a dear friend, yes you are :P

pranabk

Oh, my sympathies for all the 'cheek-pullings' you must have gone through!

Meghna

Hi Pranab,
Yeah thanks cause I certainly need it...my cheeks are red and sore now :(

Anonymous

It's always nice having time out to travel!! Glad you enjoyed it!! I've spoken to someone that visited India and I hope I can go there one day too!

Adi

Now these holidays are all over!!

Meghna

Hi Nikita,
Yeah..it was a pleasure...I'll be waiting :)

Meghna

Hi Adi,
Aaahhh...do not remind me LOL!

IncorrigibleV

hey meghna :)
u were here in delhi? cool... im glad u had fun... next time u come lemme know.

Meghna

@ Vandita- Hey....that's good news....I've lot many people ti look forward to while visiting Delhi next LOL!
Thanks :P

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008