Sunday, February 10, 2008

An Exciting Short Story Contest


Hi friends, I have an exciting news to tell you today! I am a member at the Writers And Writing group in Blog Catalog! This group is a fabulous place to meet other experienced and amateur writers and discuss our problems, writings and topics with each other!


One of the members of this group is organizing a wonderful short story contest! It is free for one and all. This will be an exciting contest and I will be sure to take part!



Claire at Bebo Author is organizing this online writing contest! She has divided it into two categories:

1. for children below eighteen

2. for eighteen and above! (Makes that easier for me!).



She has a bunch of exciting prizes like Amazon card vouchers, gifts etc. Wow!



This is a great venture by Claire! There is also an eminent panel of judges who would judge all the entries. You can read the details of the contest here. You can send any entry ranging from comedy to horror or mystery to fiction! There is no theme or particular word limit, though the story should be of a minimum 1,000 words!



I wish Claire good luck for this fascinating venture and hope there will be many more entries! Any of you who want to participate is free to do so! By the way, you can also send even a published story and she says it's o.k to send more than one entry! Remember: the last date for the entry is 21st March.



So get ready guys…arm yourself with a pen and sheet of paper and let your imagination soar!

12 comments:

Peter Pie

Hi,
This looks like something exciting, meghna. I'm sure you'll be giving an entry for the contest and hope you can win. Best of luck!

Novice Writer

That is great! All the best to you Meghna:-)

Meghna

@ Peter Pie- This is certainly exciting! I'll be sure to participation!

@ Novice Writer- Thanks a lot! I need these good wishes :D

Anonymous

Hi Meghna! Be sure you're going to win. Good luck!

Meghna

Hi Stephie,
Thanks :D
But I should not become overconfident!

--xh--

bestos for the competition, meghz. wish u all teh best :)

Meghna

Hi Anoop,
Thanks. I really need it :D

Solitaire

Give me details! I am very interested in participating.

Anonymous

Good luck!!

Meghna

Hi Solitaire,
You can read the details at the link given in my post! Good luck! :d

Meghna

Hi Niks,
Thanks a lot! :D

Anonymous

Hi, stumbled on your blog, my friend and I are currently developing a new short story competition site called slapastory.com, it is in its early stages. The basic idea is that you can submit stories and be rated on them, even anonymously. The story will be ranked by popularity on a daily basis, so in fact its a never ending competition. Please have a look and send me feedback/comments.

Thanks

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008