Tuesday, February 26, 2008

EXaM FevEr!!!

As my final examinations are going on, I am full of tension and am not able to concentrate on writing something new. I apologize for this and hope you will continue reading......

But I am here to bring your attention to some of my earlier posts related to examinations. Hope you will like them (especially if you had not read them before!). So, here they are:

1. Top 10 Tips for Success in Examinations

These are some valuable tips to reduce exam pressure written with a tinge of humor! Everyone is likely to enjoy this one! It goes like this......

All of a sudden, before the examinations, God in all his manifestations becomes a real hit
with the students (especially those brave hearts who believe in studying only a day before the exams).

But as soon as the examinations are over, the short spell of spirituality comes to an abrupt end. The exam may last for a couple of weeks. Unluckily this period seems like a 1000 years! Interestingly, some way or the other, all weddings & parties seem to coincide with the exam time!

Now the patented 100% hit formulae for success in examinations:

1. Start planning your post-exam parties. This will help in maintaining your sanity.

2. Let go all these reality shows and favorite serials till the exams are over.


Continued..... Read full post HERE

2. EXAMS: I am Full of Fear


This was a poem I had written during my half yearly examinations, which goes like this:


I am full of fear

Because my exams are so near

I haven’t studied at all

So I’ll have to sit and study at nightfall


And if I can’t get proper sleep

I’m sure I’ll doze off while writing the answer sheet


So don’t be crazy like me

And study also through tea

Thus if you study throughout the year

You’ll have no examination fear!!


This post can be read HERE



3. Oh, My Test!


This is a silly playful poem written just before a test and it goes like this:


Tomorrow we're having a test

In my least favorite class

I didn’t remember to study

About volume & mass!



As usual I got a zero

But this time I became the star

Because everyone else too

Had got no better than a round scar!!


You can read this HERE.


4. The School Of My Dreams!

This is a recent post about a school with no exams...I have always dreamt of such schools but as hey really do not exist, I wrote a post about it!


Every institution has a head of its own. And my school too has a head mistress. A strict yet kind and compassionate lady! She is a great woman but I have at times dreamt about what would happen if this school was run by me? Oh yes, this is what I’m writing about today!

I can imagine standing on that big podium in front of the mike addressing a number of chattering school girls. My first attempt would be to try to make them silent but after a few tries, I retrieve. After all, I too had been a child. What is the harm in letting these excited girls talk for a few minutes before assembly? They are meeting their friends after a two day weekend and they would have so much to tell! So why not allow them?

Continued...... If you are interested to read more, the entire post can be found HERE.


5. The Test Which Went Down The Drain

This again is a humorous poem wrote about a test which I took (imaginary, of course!). It is like this:


This morning I told my mom

That I couldn’t go to school

But the reason was that I had a History test

So I cried sitting like a fool!



My mom as clever as herself

Declined my plight with a smirk

And I cried out loud in dismay

As if it was an ordinary quirk!



Continued....... The entire poem can be read HERE.


Hope you enjoyed reading these posts. I also feel that reading these posts again relieved some of my tension!! And I'm sure that reading your motivating comment would make me much more confident!



34 comments:

Anonymous

Hi Meghna! It's a great idea to review older posts!
Good luck with yor tests...

--xh--

nice to read some old and some already read posts... all teh best for exams, meghz...

Preetilata【ツ】

nice poems..enjoyed reading them. all the best for ur exams.

take care
:) :) :)

Sameera Ansari

All the best dear! :)

I am a lover of children's literature

Good luck and don't worry, we will all be back when you come back from your exams!

Meghna

Hi Stephie, Anoop, Preeti, Sameera & Don,
Thank you for the encouraging words and your wishing me good luck for the exams. Exams are going extremely well than I expected :D Thanks again for the support.

WritingsForLife

these short posts are so interesting. Good luck with your exams. I am sure you will do wonderfully :-)
Cheers!

Meghna

Hi Raaji,
I am happy that you liked these shorter posts. Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi there Meghna!!
Oh,hopefully you will be the best! I wish you the best of luck!!
And also, here's advice:
Think carefully, don't rush, and make it as if it is fun! Then you won't get stressed out. And while you are doing it, pray to god that you will do well and also keep saying:"I can do this, i WILL pass!"
And i just want to wish you the best!!
Regards
Nadine

E.G. and staff

Hi Meghna,

Tests & More Tests. I am sure that you will do Great! This year for me is also busy. I will check back soon. Thanks for the tips! Elizabeth G.

Meghna

Hi Nadine,
Thanks for the good wishes! Those tips are really superb fir me as I'm really pessimistic about my exams! They are helping me a lot!
Thanks once again!

Meghna

Hi elizabeth,
I believe every student is having a tough time these days! Thanks for the good wishes :D

Anonymous

Hi again! Wish you all the luck with your exams!! you will do well... don't go to bed too late, be fresh and do check your answers always again... cross fingers! Study hard and do your best, then you will have no worry! ;)
It was great reading all your poems here again, you are really a talented girl!

Meghna

Hi Nikita,
Thank you, thank you & thank you. Yes, fingers crossed!
My exams will be over by 10th. So, one more week to go. Thanks again.

Farha Salim

only 2 more exams 4 me.

Meghna

Hi little poetess,
Thatz really great. You'll be freeeee!!!

Angel

Hi Meg,
I am really amazed that you can still manage your school and blogging time. You are such a talented girl and I will not be surprise that you can make it good in your future in terms of writing.

By the way, I would like to invite you check my blogs after your exams because I changed their templates to be more attractive to readers.

Lastly, I remember asking you before if I could make a post out of your exam tips? Of course with a link to your blog.

I hope you could allow me and if you do, pls. feel free to comment on any of my posts at my parenting tip blog.

Thanks and hope you can pass the exams with flying colors.

Lena

liked your poems :)
all the good luck for you, dear!

Meghna

Hi guardian angel,
I am really sorry that I forgot to inform you. Yes, you can use my post on exam tips in your blog. I'll be visiting your blog after my exams are over. Thanks for the support.

Meghna

Hi Lena,
I am happy to know that you liked the poems. Thank you for the best wishes.

I am a lover of children's literature

Wow, you really are busy with your exams - its been awhile since you posted any new stories, so I can't wait till you are over your exams and are back to blogging.

Best of luck with your remaining studies. To give you a break, like the Butterfly Garden, I posted another "Pic-4-the-Day" feature for you. It is all about real live Teddy Bears. You can find it here:

http://my2cents4theday.blogspot.com/2008/03/pics-4-day-un-bear-ably-cute-bear-panda.html

Hope you pass all of your exams (we know you will!) and will be able to relax and enjoy that they are all over soon!

Best of luck!

:O)

Meghna

Hi Don,
Yes, I'm really busy these days and am not able to get time for writing something new. The good part is that the exams will be over in 6 dyas. (I'm really counting down:D)

I can't wait to look at your Butterfly Garden post & pictures. But am controlling myself till next week. Thanks for mentioning that.

Off to school now.......

Thanks again!

Anonymous

Good luck!

Meghna

Hi Mark,
Thank you.

Anonymous

Exams over, Meghna, or still on?

Hope they went well. :)

And, is the post-exam party all-planned yet? ;)

Meghna

Hi Aanchal,
No, the exams are still going on; but 2 more days as per my daily countdown :) Planning for the post-exam party!

Anonymous

Hi Meghna!
I couldn't stop thinking of how you are doing in the Exams.
How are YOU doing in those exams?
I still wish you luck!
What types of tests are there?
How long do they last?
What events are going on Meghna?
I hope to be hearing good news from those exams!!
I know how scary they are, because i have one and i am so scared!!
But good luck sister, i believe in you!

Meghna

Hi nadine,
I'm glad you are so concerned about me...just like a wonderful caring sister!
The exams are 2 week long but only 1 exam to go now! I'll be back to blogging soon. The exams consist of all the academic subjects and we are marked on a total 100 marks. These are the final, year- ending exams for promotion to the next grade.
I've done well until now but maths didn't go very well! Eagerly waiting for tomorrow to come and to get back to blogging1 :D

Anonymous

Dont tellme yu r 12!!

Meghna

Hi Dheeraj,
Shall I take it as a complement?

But what do I do? I'm going to include a scanned copy of my birthday certificate as my blog header :D

Thanks for dropping by!

Nikita

hey meghana these poems r just 2 cool
wish u all d luck fr ur exams

Meghna

Over a long time ago Nikita.....but it's returning again soon in 3 weeks LOL!

Anonymous

good poem.i really liked it.

Abhishek Gorai

Exam needs no introduction. It means means bad news to almost everybody. Read how a sudden urge to study sweeps past our little hostel room during exams... https://myfundays.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/the-exam-fever/

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008