Wednesday, April 22, 2009

That Day....

I awoke today morning, rubbing my eyes, all sweaty and wet. Oh god, no electricity? And with the global warming taking toll and (OMG!) my AC off, I felt like a melting ice-cream.



I grudgingly went to brush my teeth, squeezing at the toothpaste. And ah again! No toothpaste, I kept on squeezing till I was all exhausted and then there came out a bit of paste, but enough to refresh my mouth at least.No one at home. Mom at school- teaching, dad at office, bro at school- studying….ah what a wretched day!

That Day

O fine, I’ll get myself a hot cup of coffee now. There goes the water on the gas, and where’s the coffee powder now? Oh yes, up there on the shelf. I reach out, but can’t get it. Darn, I bring a stool and then stand ahoy and hold it unsurely in my hands, before it comes tumbling down on the floor!!



Bam! The glass jar is broken and all the coffee powder spilled on the floor, along with small glittering glass pieces. I mumble angrily again and switch off the gas to move out.



OWW!!!! A glass piece stuck in my foot : ( Awww……I do some quick medical aid and then get down to reading the paper- all full of depressing news about crime and corruption. Darn! I flip it away.



Now what? Wah! I’ll switch on the radio for some soothing music. I switch it on…..and again, bad luck….no light na? How’d I forget.



The radio, AC, computer etc. doesn’t work on inverter. So what do I do now? Oh yes, my book! I was reading Twilight last night so where’s it now? On the night stand? I had a look- not there. On my table- not there. On the dining table- not there. On the shelf- not there!



I’m not looking anymore….baaah!



So, what now? The good old phone- my savior!



I pick it up and dial my best friend- she’s taking a bath. I call another- she’s out. I call two more- both are busy in the bathroom. I give a desperate last try but again- she’s asleep! At 11 in the morning? OMG!! Why is today a holiday for me?



Fine, I’ll take a bath….I cheer myself up desperately and go on. So much water on the marble floor- brother again!!



Whaaaaammmmmmmm…..I slip!! Awww……it hurts. Seriously! I guess I’ll have some broken bones too now. What a way to begin the day. I cry and take a bath, not more wet than water for bath, then from my tears!



Then go and sit in the balcony, until the hot sun almost burns me black. I come back in.
I give up!! Today is a bad day- not a single good omen. I go get some sleep.



My blissful dreams spoilt again as mom and bro ringing the doorbell. OMG! It’s 4 in the afternoon. I open the door to be greeted by a volley of angry abuses by my brother and scolding from mom. They tell me they’ve been waiting since 2 pm.



Anyways, the bell’s ringing- light back!! I turn on the TV, was watching the most interesting show and Bam! Screen’s dark again- lights gone! Oh shit!! Not again!!



Pleaseeeeee!!



I go off. Nothing better than a good refreshing sleep again. It’s a wretched, boring sleepy day- none of my friends called back, means they are busy, so I hug the bed. At 6, I wake up again, coz of the itching on my arms and legs. Oh damn! Mosquitoes? How’d they get in here….awwww…..I stare at my red swollen arms and legs and run to get a repellent.



I go to sleep again, in my brother’s room. At 7, my friend calls- and why? To ask me why I’m not there? WHERE??? At her birthday party!!! Oh shit!! How’d I forget? I apologize and give some lame excuse about no one to drop me etc.



At eight, I eat a blanched dinner. Till 9, I wait for light to return so I don’t have to miss my favorite show. It gets over at 10. The clocks ticking with me biting my fingernails and slowly but steadily, the hands of the clock strike 10!!



I give out a loud cry as the light returns!!



I hate this DAY!!




38 comments:

Anonymous

One of those days ... when nothing seems to work in your favour !!!

Meghna

@ Harsh- One, you say?? I think I have tooooo many :|

Sonshu

Some days are like these..Ive had many myself..It seems everything is wrong!

Suresh Kumar

Lucky You...

What if the day continues to repeat itself... Now that's what happened to Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day... I was just reminded of that movie when i read this one...

Swetha Padakandla

ooops!

happens..
i too experience the same at times :(

well, forget abt tht day.. live the happiest days!
and smile

-swetha

I am a lover of children's literature

That day pretty much sounds like the day I have each and ever day of the week! I should be feeling sorry for you after reading your post, but since it reminds me of my daily life - I'm now very depressed!

Please excuse me while I go and find a good place to cry my eyes out!

Hemanth Potluri

i had these days sometimes...struck up like hell :(..but eventually we should move on :)..

urs..hemu..

sb

hi darlin dearest!

tht has been quite a day i suppose.. the BAMs, the OMGs, baah, awww, ouch, oh shit.. they can rly drive us nuts.. my! i can totly relate..

fngrs crossed to repel such days in future.. ;)

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥

oh my...wat a rough day :P

but believe me jab mummy papa ko chhorkar u will go to a hostel life.. u will find all the days like this only...
it is a bliss to live with the parents ....

Meghna

@ Princess- Yea!! I wish they aren't in a stretch :(

Meghna

@ Suresh- That's different way of looking at it ....makes me smile :)

I haven't seen the movie:(

Meghna

@ Swetha- That's a cute and sweet advice....I'll sure remember it :)

Meghna

@ Hemu bro- hey......I hope it ain't contagious ;)
I'm moving on.........

Meghna

@ Dan- Omg!!! How'd you always manage to make me smile :)
LOL!! Lets share the grief/agony and frustration together? :P

Jaggu

Hey meghna, even sometimes I had these type of situation where nothign works out. But somehow we will have to find a way to get out.

Meghna

@ Jaggu- That's true :)

niceguy251

Meghna,

What a day you had. No light for so long, you must be in some specially loved area. How is glass prick now?

Take care

R

just one of those days!!!

nice blog! I have so many nice new blogs today!!!!

Think Tank

awwwwwwwwwww...accept my condolence ;)

I am a lover of children's literature

Bad day, but bad days are what eventually makes the good days seem even better! At least that's what I find to be the case anyway.

Hopefully, you'll have a better day tomorrow?

F.M.

I absolutely loved this story! Oh yea, thanks for commenting on my Civil War essay. Two questions:

1= What does Zawan mean?
2= What do you mean by saying "What's going on at your side?"

P.S. Sorry to sound stupid, but is this story true?

Meghna

@ Niceguy- So glad someone remembered :P
It's all bandaged up n smelly :)

Meghna

@ RP_ LOL!! I found a new one to explore too...off I go now :)

Meghna

@ Farah- accepted :)

Meghna

@ Don- yea right!! They make a li'l bad day better atleast :P

Meghna

@ Anml- Am so sorry! Zawan was just a typing error....i'd meant to write it somewhere else and then got muddled up and wrote it at your space.....sincerely sorry!!
I just meant to ask how you are and what's going on!!

You don't sound stupid at all!! It's ME :P
It's true ....100%

fms1988

u have an awesome blog :)will b bk soon to read more.Id love 2 chat 2 u :)

F.M.

Hi Meghana!

I'm doing fine, but there's a couple of girls that are making me very annoyed. Oh well. It's better to keep quiet, than to speak. Especially with these girls!

Iriz

how's ur foot?
yeah, this really happens.
everyday is not a happy day.
hope you had a better one today meghna. ;)

Kartz

Someone probably got up on the wrong side of the bed! This too shall pass.

Peace.

Filarial

the story of my life...:|....:D Old bro is back...:D

Meghna

@ FMS- Am honored:) Thanks a lot!!

Meghna

@ Amnl- aww....I hope they stop it soon!

Meghna

@ Iriz- Much better! thanks a lot :)

Meghna

@ Iriz- much better...thanks a lot! I did have a better day today! :P

Meghna

@ Kartz- oo....yea....awww!! :L

Meghna

@ Fil- Am so happpy!!!! Can you see me smile?? :D

We share many a similarities :P

Cinderella

Ah ! One of those days ! When you feel some evil satan has cast a spell on your feel-good factor.

No worries ! its all yesterday now, right ?

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008