Monday, April 13, 2009

A Letter

Writing a Letter to Oneself



Dear MY HEART AND SOUL,



I’m sorry for not listening to you and taking the right decision while I saw my friends prompting each other during the test. I’m sorry they got caught too.



I’m sorry for shouting at my friend who was just asking me a Maths sum. I couldn’t get it right myself, so I guess I was frustrated. I’m really sorry dear!



I’m sorry for missing the good movies during exams. And all the more sorry coz the DVD at home has gone all weird shouting and beeping all at the wrong time.



I’m sorry I couldn’t do better in the Maths exam. I’m sorry if I went down on my parents, family and teacher’s expectations.



I’m sorry for watching with awe, as a 16 year gal at my school got a driving license and then complementing her on her rash driving.



I’m sorry for being jealous of my friend coz she got really good marks in the exams and all the attention.



I’m sorry for going wrong in friendship so many times. I know people at my age do, and this is how they learn but nevertheless, I am sorry.



I’m sorry there’s so much to study this year. The entire 200 page books are coming for the exams in mostly all subjects. They call it drilling us for the ICSE? I’m sorry!



I’m sorry I haven’t eaten chocolates since 3 days.



I’m sorry I couldn’t play much with the new mobile dad bought.



I’m sorry I broke the beautiful tea-set mom bought. I liked it too, but I don’t know how it fell from my hands.



I’m sorry that even the thought that multiple piercing on the nose, ear, brows etc. like my friends have, was COOL at this age, even crossed my mind.



I’m sorry for not catching up on my blogger friends and giving reasons like reaching class 9 and how the burden of studies has increased (though it’s true).



I’m sorry for not being as enthusiastic about studies like I am about every new fiction on the bestseller stand.



I’m sorry about troubling my parents for all trifles, though I know how hard they work and how they aim towards fulfilling all my dreams.



I’m sorry for always fighting with my brother.



I’m sorry for all other mistakes I’ve done……..



I know this letter would go longer than the Eiffel Tower if I go beyond apologizing beyond the wrong things I did during this week.



I’m sorry for thinking that I can never go wrong.



I’m sincerely sorry !




Yours loving,



Your body aka Me aka Meghna



I just found out that writing an apology letter to yourself is the best way to realize what went wrong and how. I know this letter is kiddish and immature but it’s straight from the heart nevertheless. This is my way of thinking over the week and apologizing to myself over what I think I did wrong.



Try one yourself, and please share what all you’d include!

44 comments:

I am a lover of children's literature

I'm sorry that you don't have even more time to post more of these great posts!

Sonshu

Oh..I should try it out too...Well lovely post. 9th ICSE is very hectic i know. I just finished ninth so i know why u feel so...But take it cool.

About marks? Just dont worry too much i feel. Whats over is over..Begin new..

Lovely post.
I'll see if it works!

Anonymous

I know how it feels when you got very less time in hand ... and your friend is all over you for telling him the answer ( with all the emotional blackmails and other stuffs ) ... can get on your nerves ... happened many times with me ... just can't restrain shouting at him :(

Kartz

Hmmm, yeah, pretty much similar to writing your diary each night.

If u ask me, there is nothing better than owning up to yourself. 'Cos at the end of the day, you know yourself *best*.

Keep the faith. Bonne chance!

Peace. Be well.

Hemanth Potluri

aww it was alovely post sis :)..and i really wish u take out more time to be here to do such wonderful posts :)..its just like reading ur mind in words...good one :)..

urs..hemu..

Anonymous

Lovely post...
Very simple and extreemly insiring.
The way you have personified the heart is really interesting.Great work...keep it up.

Swetha Padakandla

tht was really very sweet, meghna!

the idea really works! after writing this, we wil surely feel to be less tensed abt the thngs v did!

nice write up!

cheers
swetha

niceguy251

Meghna,

Nice honest introspection. It is good when you realise your weak points and make efforts to change for the better. Some of your follies do not need any apologies. Just be honest to yourself and follow your conscience.

Take care

Miss Shirl

This is such a wonderful post. If I started doing this when I was your age I would probably have a novel by now.

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥

why my baby girl is feeling sorry

she should not

coz I kno she will not repeat the mistakes...and wen one don't repeat wat they had done worng..they needn't say sorry to anyone :)

Farha Salim

Megna you are in ICSe cyllabus?
Isn't it too tough?
Luckily,I am in CBSE!
Then.......

your article is great!
Its like wriing a diary!

D:)
poetess

Meghna

@ Don- LOL!! Now I'm sorry too :)

Meghna

@ Sonshu- Wow! Lucky you....but isn't 10th furthermore tougher? :P

Meghna

@ Harsh- Exactly! I;m glad you understood....but you know, it is a mistake, after all!

Meghna

@ Kartz- You can say so, but I guess a bit different. :)
Right! I agree!

Meghna

@ Hemu- Thanks...I wish so too, bro..but you know!1 Thanks a lot :)

Meghna

@ Niceguy- I know I have to dot hat :)
I'll try!! Thanks :)

Meghna

@ Dev- Thanks....what's on your letter, btw? :P

Meghna

@ Swetha- Thanks a lot...idea sure works... just give a try once :)

Meghna

@ Shirley- LOL! For me too, fat chance!! That comment certainly brought a smile :)

Meghna

@ SOurish bhai- :P But I thought i'd just apologize:P

Meghna

@ Poetess- Yes, I'm in ICSE...and it's pretty tough :(
Thanks a lot...sure is?

Sahefa

I am sorry that i could not visit your blog for so many weeks...i was giving my exams...i am also promoted to class 9th:D:D:D

To come to your post...i think your post was not immature at all...i think it was very brave of u to remember such minute mistakes and then bringing them at front of everyone and apologizing for it
Way to go!!!!!

Meghna

@ Sahefa- WOW!``` congrats :)

Thanks a lot! What's your letter containing? :P

Sahefa

lol....i can not be so brave like u...yes i do apologize for some mistakes but i can't remember all of them:P

Fantasies of a Lifetime

aww :( . . u dint eat chocolates for 3 entire days :O , you should be sorry :P !!! . . .

Meghna

@ FoaL- I sure am :P

Meghna

@ Sahefa- LOL! Thanks :)

CS

Hi...thanks for visiting my blog...and this post just reminded me of my school days...we were always sorry for so many things...we still are...life is about that...

Meghna

@ Chitra- That's true! Very true....that's what life is about :)

Lena

thats the best way to accept the mistakes and a good start for correcting them :)

am sure it will work the best way for you :)

Cinderella

Meghu !

This letter touched my heart. And I am writing my very own rightaway. Thanks a ton for this baby !!

Muah !

Suresh Kumar

I am sorry that I didn't stumble on this blog a long time back...

Nice Post.... and a very nice blog.....

Nithz

Amazing post..I will be trying mine soon.Hv a wonderful day :)

Meghna

@ Lena- I hope it does!! Sure is the best way I can think of!!!

Meghna

@ Suresh- I'm sorry too :P

Thanks a ton....hope to see you often!!

Meghna

@ Nithz- Would love tor ead yours. Thanks :)

Nice day to you too!!

Meghna

@ Cindy di- You oblige me....I'd love to read your letter!! Thanks a lot for that lovely comment :)

Jaggu

Hey, how are you? Why r u not coming to my blogs these days

Kelvy

hey meghana
u have been writing great posts, sorry that i dint leave any comments as i get ur posts in my eamil and i read it that way... :)

holidays now right?

Meghna

@ Jaggu- Hey...Am a bit too busy with my school work...but I just gave a visit :)

Meghna

@ Enigma- Thank u!!!! for leaving a comment now...I sure appreciate it!

Nopes....they begin on 22nd may! :(

Think Tank

i'm doing this!

Meghna

@ Think Tank- I'm glad!! I'll love to read it :)

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008