Thursday, December 25, 2008

Pages From A Diary

Diary
12th November, 2008
 

I'm back from college. Being there made me homesick. So I'm rushing back to Mumbai- to my house, my family, my people and my love. My bliss and overwhelming sense of relief is certainly taking hold of me, coz though I'm exhausted, the excitement brimming inside me, cannot let me sleep. I'm writing from the plane right now, and am not worried about my co-passenger asking me what I’m doing, because he's a 60 year old man, sound asleep now (I can see him drooling-eeeewwww). I cannot stop dreaming of Mom's wonderful vadaa pao and daddy's hearty laugh.

 

13th November, 2008

 

I'm at home now and sitting in my good old' room. Nothing has been moved since I left. My miniature car collection is still there and hey....there's the cute superman model. My comics are staked in the drawer too. I fell my childhood coming back. Today I'm going to meet some of my old friends at the Taj Hotel which is a ten step walk from home. It's a party there.

 

17th November, 2008

 

I just cannot content myself with the hours I spend on mom's laps or discussing matters with daddy We all went to our farmhouse today. 

 

Oh! How I love my family.

 

20th November, 2008

 

I'm leaving for Chennai today. Am really sad to leave mom and dad for even a day. It's a week actually. I'll be back on 27th. It is for a friends wedding, one i cannot leave. Mom and I went shopping and we bought some really good clothes for me. On my insistence, she also chose a wonderful saree.

 

I bid goodbye but still dream of them.

 

Oh come on boy! You'll be back in week and there still is the phone.

 

25th November, 2008

 

I just talked to mom and dad. They are going for an anniversary party tomorrow at Taj. Whew.....finally. After I left for college, mom and dad had shunned their social life. After two years, it is now that they have finally agreed to go to a social gathering. Guess what? Mom is going to wear the new saree we bought.

 

27th November, 2008

 

.................Serial Blasts Mumbai..............

 

 

 

All is over, I have no family left..............

 

  

Note: This is an imaginary journal (my fictional creation) of a 18 year old guy. I don't think there is need to say more. If the terrorists do not have a heart of iron or stone, they might have realized what atrocities have been faced by others, reading umpteen articles like these.


P.S- Have a Merry Christmas guys!

28 comments:

Anonymous

Tears welled in my eyes!
i cant say nymore now!

Eric S.

I am having trouble writing this comment for the tears are fogging my vision. Well done.

Karthik Padmanabhan

very emotional...excellent post..btw what a coincidence..i wrote a post on the same topic today!!

Anonymous

Poignant ....very good post ..

Unknown

Argh

The perspective of a teenager you brought out very well...

Hemanth Potluri

the post was soo emotional :)....thats wonderful sissy :)..just loved the pages :)..

urs..hemu..

Cяystal

Wonderful imagination,buddy.
Had tears reaming up my eyes.




PS-called you up thrice..no answer..told your dad..whre've you been? ignoring me? :)

Meghna

@ Sahaj- I hope that happens to every Indian....or anyone around the globe

Meghna

@ Eric- I really feel proud of my blog today. Thanks !

Meghna

@ KArthik- Thanks a lot. I guess it's in the blood!
Off to read yoours!

Meghna

@ Anony- Thanks....BTW, would love t know your name too!

Meghna

@ ALok- Thanks....but why arghhh? I guess it's not for me...I hope actually!

Meghna

@ Ruth- That certainly is sweet of you. it encourages me to find another motivator. I'll be hoping to read more of your comments!

Meghna

@ Hemanth- Thanks a lot bro. I hope you guys pass on the message!

Meghna

@ aayu- Thanks.... just a bit busy. Talk to you soon!

Meghna

@ Angel- Thanks!
Oh yes, I just checked the page and I am ecstatic. Really! Thanks a lot guardian angel :)
Just hoping to scale greater heights with all your support. Wish you luck and am happy for you :D

I am a lover of children's literature

Very nicely done! You utterly amaze me!

As for the those monsters, it's not so much that they have a heart of iron and stone - it's more like they have absolutely no heart or conscience what so ever!

I'm glad to see, and it's evident from your writing, that you have a great heart, as well as a great conscience - never lose them!

Promise me!

Cяystal

http://exceptionallyme.blogspot.com/2008/12/she.html

Read this. :)

Sakhi

What a way to say "Merry Christmas" :( :(

vagabond dreamer

what a way to put every thing down. even hearts of stone would break.

have i told you that your imagination is spectacular.

merry Christmas and happy holidays

Ashika

That was very touching Meghna..

Adi

Unlike other boys... i'm quite.... well..... emotional. The post did bring a lump in my throat. I just want to say that it was wonderful.
and happy birthday in advance!

Meghna

@ Don- Thanks a lot. I guess o, these people may have been misled too.......I cannot believe that some humans can be so brutal!'
I promise.....there are few good things I have and I want to keep them alive :P

Meghna

@@ Aayu- Read. Good one :D

Meghna

@ Sakhi- Yea....I knw! Am really sorry! But you know......don't let the fire die out this time!!!

Meghna

@ Dreamer- I really hope to do so. Thanks for that and same to you :P

Meghna

@ Oxy- Thanks a lot!

Meghna

@ Adi- LO!L OMG!! You remember?? Good....good bro :D
I understand. I'm so glad you people appreciate it!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008