Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy 61st Birthday India!

Indian Flag
Hey Guys, I'm terribly excited today! Filled with the fervor of nationalism and a proud India.....glad to wish you all a 61st Happy Independence Day!

After a well-known struggle of many years, India became independent on 15th August, 1947. Great leaders of our country like Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru, Subhash Chandra Bose, Sardar Vallabhai Patel, Rani Laxmibai and many others helped in the struggle and it is due to them that I, we- all Indians who have spread their fame far and wide are present here!

So what are your plans for the day??? I have a flag hoisting function at school today and I'm free the rest of the day. But this Independence Day is different. Frankly, this time I feel the Indian blood running hot through my nerves, bursting to show it's valor!

India is a developing country with Indians having spread it’s fame and made it proud. Abhinav Bindra winning the recent gold at Olympics, Microsoft and other US companies prospering due to the increased number of Indians working there, Indian cricketers having a good hold and every sphere of Indians thriving, what else can you call INDIA than a great Nation?

But yes, like all other nations, it too has it’s drawbacks which is holding it afar. I don't know if you people have realized this but we (Indians) always keep groaning about everything. We groan about the roads being dirty and blame the municipality. We blame the politicians being corrupt burdening their shoulders. We, as humans, are not ready to accept OUR INDULGENCE in any faults! Wonder why?

So this day, I vow to do something for my country when I grow up.....and something meaningful rather, not just putting up the Indian tricolor as a home decoration outside and not even paying it the required respect. And if not us, who???? We selected our politicians and if they do something wrong, WE ARE TO BE BLAMED (rather you than I.....I'm not 18 LOL!).

We just need to change our outlook and participate and I’m certain our country will touch the zenith of success!

Okay, so what tomorrow?? I'm really excited. For all those who do not know, tomorrow is Raksha Bandhan. All those who want to know about this Indian festival can read it by clicking on Wikipedia. In short, Raksha Bandhan is a festival which celebrates the relationship between brothers and sisters.

The festival is marked by the tying of a rakhi, or holy thread by the sister on the wrist of her brother. The brother in return offers a gift to his sister and vows to protect her sister against all evils. The brother and sister traditionally feed each other sweets.

Tomorrow will be really exciting and interesting . I've been looking forward to it and I'm glad it's come! Waiting eagerly for the gift and hope my brother likes the rakhi :)

48 comments:

Vishesh

jai hind :)

Anonymous

Happy Birthday India!

WritingsForLife

Happy independence Day :-)

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥

happy independence and happy rakshabandhan..check out my blog for a the msg i left u in the second post from the top..

have fun and be 18 fast ..so that at least we can have a single indian working for the country's grace :P

Adi

Vande Mataram!!!!!!!!!

man in painting

happy independence day!
MIP

Iriz

Happy Independence Day!

To you Meghna and the rest who celebrate the same spirit! ;)

Sameera Ansari

Hope you had a great day yesterday.

Happy Rakhi :)

Angel

Happy Birthday to you and to all your countrymen. Mahatma Gandhi is known for being such a great leader and I am glad you are proud of him.

By the way, I saw your comment at Copyblogger and I am amazed that you are now mature enough choosing great blogs to read.

Anonymous

Hi Meghna happy independence day, yours indeed, as I have said before, is the voice of tomorrow's [today's] India. Remeber this that, during the times of India's struggle, the english working people were also struggling in dire poverty and oppression against the same ruling class. India is a great people.

Stephie

Hi Meghna,
Happy independence day!

broca's area

belated wishes!!..
happy raksha bandhan too:))

Anonymous

Mekhana,

Happy independence day and all the best for you and your lovely blog!

i must say, you are a wonder kid!

keep up this good work.!!

Heart'n'Soul

Hey lil missy

Hope u had a gr8 weekend n tht u enjoyed indipendence day and had a big rakhi loot

lol...
Luv
D

I am a lover of children's literature

Interesting thing about India's independence from Britain is that India now has more native English speakers than Britain itself!

In fact, I recently read that one of the main reason's that India is now on the rise is the fact that it has such a large native base of English speakers. As the world's number one language, one that over 3 quarters of the entire Earth's population will soon speak, India is in a much better position than most nations to emerge as a super power in it's own right.

I love India. I can only hope some day to visit this beautiful land, the crown of the greatest empire in in world history - the mighty British Empire!

Long live India!

man in painting

meghna
me have a new post
a cartoon
welcome
MIP

Cinderella

thish ish sho shweet !!!!

muaah

anand

Hey happy independence day to you too

and how was your rakhi??

Ankit Shukla

Happy Independence Day,

Lately I was out from blogging sphere, exams and stuff.
One thing i must say, whenever i come to your blog i find a new look (template) lol.

I remember when i was in school me going to stadium for shows/march(ncc) and yes we got ladoo's there.
Keep evolving.. take care. :)

Anonymous

did you create that icon yourself - the one that you have as your display pic?

Meghna

@ Vishesh- :D

Meghna

@ Raaji-Happy Independence day to you too :P

Meghna

@ Writer Dad- I'm sure India will prosper by the number of good wishes pouring in :)

Meghna

@ Soursih Bhaiya- Ooooo....so cute...thanks a lot bro...BTW, rakhi bhejoongi jab gift do ge LOL!

Thanks once again :) I'll be putting up soon!

Meghna

@ Ad- Absolutely!!!

Meghna

@MIP- Same there :)

Meghna

@ Iriz- Well written......I wish them all to :)

Meghna

@ Sameera di- Certainly a rocking one :)
Thanks :D

Meghna

@ Angel- I'm certainly evolving reading your blog and others and I'm glad you appreciate it and my choice :) Thanks a lot for the wishes :D

Meghna

@ Dove- That was a good read for me....Thanks a lot for all that you said and I do understand :)

Meghna

@ Stephi- :D

Meghna

@ Broca- LOL! Same there bro :)

Meghna

@ Technopark- Wonder kid??? LOL! Thanks a lot lot...makes me have a really huge smile :P

Meghna

@ Divi di- ahhh....I kissed the bigggg looooottt though I enjoyed it all di ....what about you ??

Meghna

@ Don- Thanks a lot for that comment....your comments are always an interesting read. Certainly....look at me! Don't I speak good English?? LOL :P

I'm eagerly looking forward to your visit and please don;t book a hotel coz my abode is all up for you :D

Meghna

@ MIP- Ooo....I'm off :)

Meghna

@ Cindy di- khiiiii....kheee....khee....khee....jyada ho gaya LOL!

Muaahhh !!

Meghna

@ Anand- Tahnks :)
Rakhi was great with loads of gifts and sweets :D

Meghna

@ Ankit- Glad to see you back after so long...feels good :) LOL! I love changes...he...he..I went for a march past too....but instead of a laddooo....we get a Perk (chocolate) Time is changing LOL!
:)

Meghna

@ Burf- ah...no...I just did a bit of editing...BTW, is it that bad/good ?? :P

Heart'n'Soul

u see meghna...m earnin n so basically my loot is spent even before i get it, my bro expects a gift fromme instead...LOL

n whr hav u been...whns the nxt update :)

Meghna

@ Divi di- ooo.....younger bro....kya karoon di...net kharab...working frm some other place...will try and do so soon :)

Jeevan

Very true thoughts! by the by where is my rakhi dear lol!

Meghna

@ Jeevan- Gift taiyyar rakho then :)

Pappul

By birthday, do you mean Independence day? The 2 are different. Our first Independence day was in 1947. So in 2008, we were celebrating our 62nd Independence day right? Just thinking aloud. Cheers ... !!

Meghna

@ Pappul- Guess you are right...left me confused!!!

Pappul

:)

Anonymous

Happy independece day besides in advance happy Raksha bandhan

Cheers!!
Rakhi gifts to Hyderabad,Raksha Bandhan gifts to Secunderabad,sweets,Send Flowers to Hyderabad,Guntur,India by Us2guntur|Rakhi gifts to Hyderabad,Raksha Bandhan gifts,flowers to hyderabad,Secundrabad by Hyderabadbazaar

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008