Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Best Movie!

Hello friends,

How have you all been? As you must have rightly guessed- I’m finally back from my long trip. Oh…..what do I say? It was really a blast…but better less talked about before I get nostalgic about the wonderful memories. And I suppose I’m not wrong to guess too that my articulate readers might also have guessed that now I’m busy with my holiday homework which include (let me tell you) six projects, 2 surveys and 5-10 written assignments. Arghhhhhh


Now, the day after I arrived- I was as incoherent as you can imagine, for I decided to begin my studies with the most abominable subject ever- History (and the only one frequently humored by me). I would not say the subject is as abominable as the one teaching the subject at school. You can believe me when I say she has some personal problem with me and endures me to her revenge (at me talking or sleeping too much) most often.


I drowsily turned the pages as page 34 suddenly caught my attention. Instead of the dull pictures of mughals and kings with horses and swords, today there stood a picture of me smiling savagely and before my eyes popped out, my figure blurred and changed into the face of a stern wrinkled old lady in an unknown home.


I watched the page with rapped attention as the most astounding movie unveiled before me. I saw my old figure turn as I heard my History teacher (yes, can you believe it?) call out, “Mom, its getting late- I’m leaving. Those scoundrels at school must be creating a racket.” I then heard myself say, “Enough Lalita. All you care about is you school and kids. Give them and yourself a break. Its not long before I join my brigade in heaven abode so please take today off and lets spend a mother-daughter day (OMG!!! I’m her mother? Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww)”


She stared at me as if I had spoken gibberish and seeing the expression, I smirked back and then as if by magic, her features softened as she mumbled, “Of course ma.” “Okay, put that bag down and make me a good ginger tea and oh…these old legs are aching like hell, please put some oil and massage my hands and legs.” Her face wavered as she nodded numbly……and in fifteen minutes I was having a cup of hot soothing tea while my teacher massaged my legs (ROFL!! I still cannot believe it).


After the half hour ordeal Lalita (Ma’am) herself complained of her hands paining and went and sat on the couch. I began troubling, or actually revenging, her again. “Dear, I have a list of books I need to read. Can you please go down to the market and buy them,” I said and handed her a list of 40-50 non-existing books. “But Ma, it’s 1 in the noon and we haven’t had lunch; also it’s scorching hot outside”, she protested. “Don’t blabber back at me girl”, I rebuked. She nodded unwillingly again and took to the door.


I enjoyed the empty home in front of the television with a bucketful of extra-butter popcorn and pizzas ordered from a leading store. It took Lalita (ma’am) four hours to return home famished and report back that none of the leading (15 stores) she visited had the books available. I scolded her again and also remarked how dumb she was not to have eaten from a restraint and come for she knows my old age would not permit me to make food. She just made a face and slept like a log for five –six hours. Ahhh…I would have wished to do so much more….the maid came meanwhile but I ordered her to go home.


When Lalita awoke, I informed her that the maid had taken her day off….and then remarked how dirty the house was, compelling her to sweep and clean the three bedroom apartments. I scolded her for a speck of dirt in every corner and finally when she made a salt-less dinner (and heard rebukes from me again) she went to sleep after a troubling day!!


Poor child (I say so only coz I am so BENEVOLENT: P), I thought as I saw her sleeping angel-like innocent face….


But don’t let looks deceive you, I thought ……….and then alas. The wretched fan above me flipped the morose History book to another page and my wonderful movie was shattered….


This is just the beginning…I hope to continue troubling her (as she does to me) at school too….(any prank ideas?)….I smiled to myself thinking of this as the best short movie till date
:D

24 comments:

Jack

Meghna,

Welcome back.Nice DAYDREAM. LOL. You really seem to " LIKE " her a lot. Share some more.

Hope to see you in my space soon, of course after you finish HOME WORK.

Take care

Anonymous

good blog meghana. here through swetha's blog. keep writing.

suvaiba

hi megz
great work
keep it up

Meghna

@ Jack- I'll visit soon...promise!
Of course, she's my best te4acher :P

Meghna

@ unknown- thanks for visiting....glad you liked my place :)

Meghna

Hey subi- thanks but next time....please read and comment :P

Anonymous

fresh blog! Keep it up!
check out mine as well-
http://blackspacemilan.blogspot.com

Sonshu

Nice day dream sweety! LOL! Anyways i know how history is..I just wish even i have a dream where im the mother of my history teacher or maybe her teacher! LOl! well written..ideas for pranks?? on teachers?? will think and ask certain boys and let u knw!

Sonshu

BTW i love my teachers too..i loved my history teacher in 9th std..she was the best..but this year she teaches my class no more..i miss her!

shilpi

mefhna
great job

please also comment on my blog
shilpisplash.funblogs.org

shilpi
13yeras old

People Search Rocks

Hi Meghna, first of all I have to introduce myself to you and to everybody. It is my first time here to leave a comment and it was very interesting to what you have wrote here. I've found your site Thru the Blogging Idol 2 Live Scoreboard or from dailyblogtips.com and thru Theweblogzone.com and I subscribe also both of your blog.

Cheers,

Julius
People Search Rocks!

Iriz

nice flow.
i've been away for quite a while just like you. glad to have some nice read here.
good gurl doing her homework.

about this post? i'm giving you an A+

Toon Indian

nice post..having a ball in the vacations....I never understood the concept of truck loads of homwork..anywayz do whatever you can and make a nice reason for the uncompleted work :P..that's what I did!!

Old Monk

Nice post Meghna. Congrats for finding out one of the easiest ways to ease yourself. Hope your History teacher won't mind it....see you..

Themysteryman4evernever

hey great blog meghna
I am also a writer, care to read my blog???
An autobiography
http://themysteryman4evernever.blogspot.com/

Cяystal

Hahaha. Love every word of it. Did you win the compe, or you remember it so well? :)
Humourous and interesting.. just like you! :D

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪

hi!! im back! remember me??? sorry for not visiting for so long yaar...

*makes puppy dog face and begs for forgiveness*

:P

well, i had this geography teacher in 9th and 10th and the we hated each other- like crazy!!! and she would always check my book first or ask me a question first cos she knew i wouldn't know!!!
one day, i was sleeping like crazy in her class and she said " yes madam you can get up and go to the library and relax. ive been watching you for the past 15 min waiting for you to settle down. there is a class going on here.... blah blah blah..."

but that didn't stop me from sleeping in her class after that either . :)

and i feel so glad i dont have any holiday hw for a change after reading your blog.. :P

AMIT

Hey excellent writings of your day today life.

Make website india

Anonymous

http://ireviewyou.wordpress.com/

If you have any collections I would love to read them. Thanks!

Anonymous

Excuse, it is removed

Sexmovies

My best movie is Alfie, with Jude Law. I saw it 4 times now and I would still watch it. :)

Penis Enlargement

I am thoroughly convinced in this said post. I am currently searching for ways in which I could enhance my knowledge in this said topic you have posted here. It does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely. I love the way the people here interact and shared their opinions too. I would love to track your future posts pertaining to the said topic we are able to read.

Anonymous

Your article is good. I like style of your writing. So I got pleasure reading it. Thanks a lot!
www.paperwritings.com

Champ

hi...how r u megha.... what r u doing now...its being long to write you... waiting to hear u...take care.

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008