Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tonight

The Night Sky

Lying on my back and watching the starry sky, words crept into my mind and VOILA! out emerged these verses! Hope you enjoy this short poem.

Tonight is the very night
You and I unite

Glint in the eyes
And stars in the sky
I've been waiting for this
Ever since we last cried.

For tonight is the very night
You and I unite

The moon shines bright
The leaves on trees sway
The lapping of the river
The games that nature play

For tonight is the very night
You and I unite

I'll look at you,
You'll look at me
And bliss overwhelms us
And everything will be alright

For tonight is the very night
You and I unite

The clock strikes twelve
It is past midnight
I slowly creep to the lonely woods
And wait there while the hungry jackals fight

For tonight is the very night
You and I unite

It's four hours….then seven
No sight of you around the darkness drawn
I stifle back a tear
And walk the lonely path forlorn

For tonight WAS the very night
You and I WERE to unite…….

My sincere prayers for my friends all around India, especailly in MUMBAI or areas around. May all Indains unite and fight back against this terrror. I'm praying hard for all :(


I hope you enjoyed reading the post! To read more of my posts and help me win the Blogging Idol Competition (as mentioned in my recent post- I Need Your Help), please SUBSCRIBE to my blog.


Related posts:

  1. Is God Really Up There?
  2. The Waters
  3. Mornings
  4. The Earth Of Every Man's Dream
  5. To My Mother!

29 comments:

broca's area

may their soul rest in peace!!:)

Keshi

Im speechless...it's all too saddening and shocking.

TC Megz!
Keshi.

Sakhi

Lovely poem.. My heart goes out for the families who have lost their near and dear ones!! :(

sb

a touchin one meg! a heart boilin incident indeed!! may all our hearts unite in prayer for d lonely n the wounded, for those who lost their lives n d lives of their loved ones! n the brave hearted jawans!
"samastha lokha sukino bhavanthu!"

Iriz

Such a nice piece meghna.
My prayers too for everyone.
Love to be here again ;)

Always take care!

Meghna

@ Broca- I cannot deny! May their souls rest in peace!

Meghna

@ Keshi di- The incident certainly is. Most unexpected at the moment. It's absolutely obnoxious and terrible.....

Tc....you too!

Meghna

@ Sakhi- Thanks. Mine too.....it must be so sad....i mean with no fault of those innocent people!

Meghna

@ Sulo- Thanks! Exactly! May we unite and fight terrorism together and restore peace.....it sound impossible but it isn't!
I'm extremely proud of the brave jawans!

Meghna

@ Iriz- Thanks again! They certainly need our prayers!
Glad to see ya too :P

Anonymous

this is a touching poem, Meghna.

yes, I hope all this will stop in the end...

zawan

Anonymous

@ Zawan- Thanks :) hope too....ters no use saying ters no end to it cox WE knw ter is. only if we try :)

Anonymous

yeah Meghna,
yesterday i told my dad that India should make strict rules for people to enter it, just like the embassy of the United States of America does.

zawan

Meghna

@ Zawan- I agree with you and your dad.....but what can we do? It all depends on the PM and other politicians who only look forward to banking on votes, whatever be the gravity of the situation. I don't even have the power to elect them :(

Anonymous

Tonight is the very night,
You and I unite


I like tat phrase!!

Fantasies of a Lifetime

lovely , disappointments are as much a reality as hope is . .

The terror attacks at Mumbai is sickening

I am a lover of children's literature

Maybe its because I'm just a guy, but I never really took to poetry, but this poem was sweet. Not often I would say that about a poem, especially from someone who is but a child!

But you are special, and so was this poem, so it was one of those special times when even I, an old lug, actually took the time to time to enjoy a poem!

Thanks!

I am a lover of children's literature

Oh, by the way, I forgot to remember to tell you that you really should submit this poem to one of the Indian newspapers, maybe the editorial section or the reader comment sections.

I'm sure that everyone in India, especially those in the great city of Mumbai, would appreciate this poem at this specially sad time.

Priscila

I loved the poem!!!!!
We are all praying because of wa r , you know I am praying with you :)
Kisses and hope everything will go Ok
Priscila

Meghna

@ Rohan- LOL! Thank you...that's the main verse, I guess!

Meghna

@ FOAL_ WOW! Really true words....will remember them forever! SICKENING??? abominably maddening :X

Meghna

@ Don- Thanks a lot for that lovely compliment...I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope I do get eh opportunity....MAY THERE BE PEACE!

Meghna

@pichila- Thanks a lot....prayers from all are needed!

RecycleCindy

Meghna,
What a touching, heart-felt poem. My heart goes out to all Indian's during this tragic time in your country. I have been praying and hope peace and healing can come. Take care my dear friend.

Meghna

@ Cindy- Thanks. The situation in mumbai is pathetic....keep praying!

Jeevan

This starry night glow for those soles. peace :)

Viny

Hey
Can i put music for your poem and release it as an album....I wud acknowlege ur name in the album.....vincy@minister.com...

Meghna

@ Jeevan- Amen!!

Meghna

@ Viny- Wow!!! Sure!

Blogger template 'YellowFlower' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008